Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2006, 16:16   #1
Team-BHP Support

Rocker Saif!

Guys I was just looking at an advert yesterday and was wondering how times change. Saif Ali Khan made his filmy debut long time back and yet he was struggling all along to make his mark. However since quite sometime now he seems to have found his bearing (I guess starting with Hum Tum).

And now he is fast turning his another hobby/passion into a niche identity for himself. Apparently our chhote nawab was always very keen on guitars. Even when he was in US he used to play guitars. In fact he learnt to play a guitar from professionals. This passion of his shows up in adverts of paints like Asian Royal where he paints a wall blue and then hangs his guitar on the wall and looks at it lovingly. Now on Feb 14 and then on 16th again Channel [V] is bringing Saif on the screen jamming with Parikrama. The looks that Saif wore in this concert, with long flowing hair (every time my wife sees him she guffaws "its my Tom Cruise look"... LOL), stubbles and those big square dark glasses and the guitar hanging from his shoulder with a thick strap and Saif almost doubling up with the intense concentration with which he plays the thing... I guess ones gotta see it without fail.

Do you think this could actually be a clever reinvention for this talented actor which may bring him immediate attention of the people? Kind of something "different" that no one has done before? Maybe help him add tremendously to his female following (and teen following as well).
Old 13th February 2006, 17:03   #2
BHPian

I think he kinda started doing well since Dil Chahta Hai and found out that he could pull off good comedy as well as act for a change.

I want to see the Parikrama session too, lets see if I can....
Old 13th February 2006, 18:04   #3
BHPian

One friend of mine has a video of him playing rocking guitar @ some bollywood event i'll try to get that video its awesome how he mixes multiple songs
Old 13th February 2006, 18:36   #4
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! Get that tha video mann... all of a sudden I am drooling! I was looking at that snap of him playing the guitar and I had this feeling that he was really playing it with a lot of panache... he was not just putting on. Boyyy a rock star of a hero!!! all of a sudden I need to see this.
Old 14th February 2006, 14:53   #5
BHPian

IMO..Saif & Talent....Nah !!

Call it the "bombarding " factor - for the last 12-15 yrs - the Indian audience has been shown so many films in which Chote Nawab acted - that - well - people got used to him !!

He did have the right genes & financial back up to feature in so many movies ( maybe partly produced by his family)..
Old 14th February 2006, 22:45   #6
BHPian

was just watching this on V - two songs - roadhouse blues - and maybe one parikrama number and that's it - then there was a bhangra song and then some stupid Sha rukh khan filmi song :(......

I guess for thee idiots who are execs ate V and MTV , rock is just a sideshow :(

sad.....

zaphod
Old 15th February 2006, 12:10   #7
BHPian

I was like - HUH ?
I put the TV on when I remembered at about 1020pm .....and yeah the Roadhouse was on...after that the Parikrama guy killed the crowd trying to get them to sing a chorus which was frankly tough!
After that it suddenly ended !!!! *** ?

MTV and V absolutely SUCK.
Well that has been my opinion ever since MTV sold out for Hindi movies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks