Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2006, 16:25   #1
BHPian

team-bhp meet - with a difference ????

Hi All

Just had an idea..Would like to bounce it off you all...

Most of us have gained a lot technically & personally from this site..
Most of us contribute our thoughts, ideas, suggestions in this site...
Many meet at a certain frequency - for the love of our cars - for the love of our driving..

Can we ?
- Organise/Actively Participate in Road Safety Days ?
- Educate the RTO Authorities/Common People on the benefis of Safe Driving/Safety Laws etc...

Maybe ..find out NGOs in our respective cities which may be interested in Such Drives...RTOs/ Traffic Police will definitely help us in such events..

All of us are quite busy with our Personal & Professional Schedules..So maybe a conservative target of 1 day/ quarter/city - in the top 10 cities can be done ?

Advantages :
1. Inculcating some Good Road Sense in the Common People - who may not be aware of /care 2 hoots about Safety.
2. Sharing our Collective Knowledge with the Society at large.
3. Of course, propagating the team-bhp brand name..

Dont want to sound Grandiose...But what do u guys think..Can we take some baby steps in this direction ?
Old 14th February 2006, 16:39   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sounds like a nice idea , but the problem in india is nobody (atleast most of them ) cares about others .. Specially on our roads .. No matter how hard u try its pretty near to impossible to inculcate some safety issues like no driving on the wrong side , signal jumping , etc etc ..

No matter how hard we try , even the authorities dont seem to take interest in any such programmes .. I have heard them saying " sir why u want to waste ur time and ours by doing all this.. Its of no use" .. So expecting support from the authorities would be no use either ..

More than this i think we need to educate the ones close to us about the safety measure to be taken on roads and make sure they follow them .. And as each one of them follows this , by spread of word atleast more will try to rope in .. Thats the only way i can see things improving .. Like some wiseman said " U can only take the horse to the pond , but whether it wants to drink water is its wish , u cant force it to " ..

Im sure there will be others who might not agree with my views .. So lets see what the others might have to say ..
Old 14th February 2006, 16:42   #3
BHPian

Hey mate your idea is really inspiring & innovative!! Ya I would like that we come up with something of this kind so as to enlighten our indian janta regarding safe driving tips and other road safety & driving guidelines.

Hats off to your idea.
Old 14th February 2006, 20:16   #4
BHPian

hey mclaren truly spoken mate!! ..typical indian mentality.."others will always say - are yaar why should i canre...there are others to do this!!" but friend we can atleast help this issue by following the rules ourselves and then teaching the future younger generation(i mean our kids ) in this way atleast we can make a small contribution...but as the saying goes an ocean is formed by many drops of water..
Old 14th February 2006, 21:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey pahari, I appreciate your initiative on this, but I think I will side with Mcl in the sceptics section.

Do you guys honestly think we can "educate" the "common people", when we have underage drivers, parents who permit it, drunk drivers, etc among us?

I see enough "educated" people sitting with their kids in their lap holding the steering wheel, and walking in the middle of the road, not on the pavement.

If we could clean up our own ranks, that would mean 2000+ more responsible people on the roads. I'd say that's a start.

No offence to anyone...
Old 14th February 2006, 22:10   #6
Tom
BHPian

Great idea.....if this ever happens in b'lore id like to a part of it.
Old 14th February 2006, 22:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey paharino1 I THINK THATS AN EXCELLENT THOUGHT! Im not gona discourage that thought as its a noble one and one meagre step can change into a giant leap tomorrow. Honestly, this is something I would really wanna inculcate coz I myself aint no god on roads on weekends...

I wana sincerely be a part of a meet like this one, amongst all the others we have so often without any meaning or motive...
Old 17th February 2006, 06:24   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hey paharino1 I THINK THATS AN EXCELLENT THOUGHT! Im not gona discourage that thought as its a noble one and one meagre step can change into a giant leap tomorrow. Honestly, this is something I would really wanna inculcate coz I myself aint no god on roads on weekends...

I wana sincerely be a part of a meet like this one, amongst all the others we have so often without any meaning or motive...

Hmmm... bro first i will educate you how to drive only on weekend nights.... ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks