Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2024, 14:59   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Since I am managing the mutual fund transactions of myself, mom and wife, I was able to use a single mobile number and e-mail id for these three different profiles in almost all other AMCs.

Now since I am trying out Quant AMC for the first time, I require to open a CAN in MF Utilities and have a question here. How can I use my (single) mobile and mail id for different PAN holders to get different profile in individual AMCs?
Old 9th January 2024, 15:34   #4607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Since I am managing the mutual fund transactions of myself, mom and wife, I was able to use a single mobile number and e-mail id for these three different profiles in almost all other AMCs.

Now since I am trying out Quant AMC for the first time, I require to open a CAN in MF Utilities and have a question here. How can I use my (single) mobile and mail id for different PAN holders to get different profile in individual AMCs?
You can use KFINKART app for Quant as they are the registrars for the AMC.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 15:39   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Now since I am trying out Quant AMC for the first time, I require to open a CAN in MF Utilities and have a question here.
KFintech is the registrar for Quant. I recently opened a folio in Quant using KFintech (https://mfs.kfintech.com/investor/); didn't use MF Utilities. There is also a family Portfolio feature which could be useful for your case.
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 12:17   #4609
Senior - BHPian

I am having a strange issue with KFintech website- I do not get OTP on my registered mobile ( but I get it on email). After multiple escalations to their helpdesk, the issue is still unresolved. Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 11th January 2024, 12:32   #4610
BHPian

Anyone here using Groww for direct plans? I have been using Groww for the last 5-6 months and wanted to know if there are any cons, anything to be wary about? The app is quite convenient and gives an idea of your entire portfolio without having to switch between each fund house.
Old 11th January 2024, 12:54   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Anyone here using Groww for direct plans? I have been using Groww for the last 5-6 months and wanted to know if there are any cons, anything to be wary about? The app is quite convenient and gives an idea of your entire portfolio without having to switch between each fund house.
I have been using Groww since 2020 and so far the experience is great. App is very easy to use, provide good summary dashboards. Since I do not have any experience with any other new age platforms, do not know how it fare against other similar apps like Zerodha etc.
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 10:00   #4612
BHPian

Is there any platform or app that can show and track my NPS and PPF and EPF as well? I mean, I have MF Central for my mutual funds, but I'd like a consolidated view of all the money I have in this life.
Old 12th January 2024, 13:26   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Is there any platform or app that can show and track my NPS and PPF and EPF as well? I mean, I have MF Central for my mutual funds, but I'd like a consolidated view of all the money I have in this life.
Not for NPS and EPF but for other investments and loans you can try Moneycontrol portfolio tracker. Allows for PPF, SSY, Gold, etc.

But is involves a bit of manual input and isn't very user friendly compared to many other tools/apps.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 241
Size:  17.0 KB
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 13:40   #4614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Not for NPS and EPF but for other investments and loans you can try Moneycontrol portfolio tracker. Allows for PPF, SSY, Gold, etc.

But is involves a bit of manual input and isn't very user friendly compared to many other tools/apps.
I have set up EPF as a recurring deposit in MoneyControl, and it serves the purpose. One issue with the site is that it’s security is not very robust and there reports of security breaches in past. So beware of it when creating passwords which is similar to other important banking sites.
Old 12th January 2024, 18:31   #4615
BHPian

Quote:
You can try Value Research, they support tracking these:
- Mutual Funds
- Stock/ETF
- NPS
- PPF (I thought they had EPF as well, maybe same can be used)
- Bonds, including SGB
- InvITs/REITs
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 12:23   #4616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
you can try Moneycontrol portfolio tracker.
Of late Money Control sucks.
Pop ups come from nowhere and refuses to close

am looking for a better alternative
Capri89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 14:58   #4617
BHPian

Quote:
How frequently do you need to review the consolidated view across asset categories to get the total portfolio value? From a long term goal
perspective or rebalancing/profit booking, probably a few times a year is likely.

Rather than store all this info on the cloud with a 3rd party with a chance however small of data breaches/loss, isn't an offline Excel or Google Sheets updated via macros or even manual copy over of latest values at a summary level suffice?

I realise I'm not answering your requirement, but personally I'm paranoid about keeping financial info with providers like VR, MoneyControl, ET times etc. Even without personally identifiable info like folio #s etc, I prefer to consolidate offline. Doing this for some years now has got to a stage where an hour or two is what it takes and I typically do it once every 4-6 months only.
vijaykr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 17:55   #4618
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar problem and ended up writing a tool to do this management. If there is enough interest i can make some minor modifications and open my private GitHub repo to the public. Here is what it does:
1. Ability to create goals (such as a retirement goal, education goal etc) which has an end date.
2. Ability to input funds you have and for each fund you can also put the expected return % and against which goal the fund will go against.
3. The tool can update date from the web and update the MF values automatically to reflect the latest value.
4. The tool also builds month on month graph of the value of your assets and it will also project the value where you would land in future too based on the %age you entered. For instance for all equity funds I have a conservative 12% as my returns. Based on this the tool projects the future value. As a user it would help to know every time I lookinto this to see whether my goal will still be satisfied in the future.
5. You can enter any asset other than MFs too. Just that it's present value will not automatically be updated. You will need to update it once a while. For example you may have an asset like a plot that you may have somewhere and may want to update it's value once every year.
6. It allows importing of transactions (sip or otherwise) from zerodha. For similar transactions the tool is intelligent to set other parameters it needs by looking at previous transactions.
Let me know if there is some interest i can open my repo and perhaps we can get the tool improved collectively.
deep_bang is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 23:16   #4619
BHPian

Hey bhpians, I started my investments using zerodha coin and kite apps, but later on made few set of investments using HDFC Securities app. I want to continue using HDFC Securities for ease of investments using my HDFC bank account.

I want to know if there is anyway I can transfer all my investments MFs and stocks and SGBs from my Zerodha demat account to HDFC Securities demat account and what are the usual charges for the same
Old 15th January 2024, 06:47   #4620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I want to know if there is anyway I can transfer all my investments MFs and stocks and SGBs from my Zerodha demat account to HDFC Securities demat account and what are the usual charges for the same
HDFC securities offer only regular MF plans. I hope you are aware of the difference between direct and regular plans. The difference in Expense ratio is, more often than not, 1%+. Stocks can be transferred online from one broker to another. Search both Zerodha & HDFC websites for information.
DaptChatterjee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks