Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2006, 10:15   #1
BANNED

Mobile Backup Restoration help

Hey Guys,

I had taken a back up of my Nokia 6310i phone a while ago which I want to restore. I do not have the original software from where I took the backup. The file is stored on my comp in PBF format.

I need help with the following :

1. How do I view the files/which software will enable me to read the data.
2. Can I transfer this to my phone via the IR port or Blue tooth and will I need any software to do it.

Would appreciate a quick response as I need some numbers urgently.

Thanks,

Viper
Old 18th February 2006, 12:28   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Viper,

I do recommend Nokia Content Copier as the only software to backup Nokia phones. I backup my Nokia every thursday, and this has worked like a charm. Have done several restores.

Having said that, your .pbf basically stands for "phone book editor". This software should help you open the file on your PC and get the number you want.

Hope that helps

GTO
Old 18th February 2006, 22:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

mobile modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
2. Can I transfer this to my phone via the IR port or Blue tooth and will I need any software to do it.
don't have much experience with Nokia phones - i'm more used to modding Motorola phones and to a lesser extent Sony Ericsson & Siemens, however, for any phone modification phone-software or firmware transfer, you'll need a cable to hook it up to your PC.

infra-red & bluetooth will work for transferring phone-book items, pictures, ringtones, etc. but for the software, a cable is necessary.

ad

Most Viewed