Team-BHP - The wallets thread - Which one do you own
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The wallets thread - Which one do you own (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/109175-wallets-thread-one-do-you-own-2.html)

Since last 4-5 years I have been using Mont blanc. Though I always feel the need to change them after every 12-16 months as they tend to loose shape. This has been a common problem with all the wallets I have used, be it Louis Vuitton or Prada and now mont Blanc.
@ GTO that is a very sleek and classy money clip you have got.

incidentally, I used to work with the Hidesign brand some years back.
i was a customer of theirs first and went and worked with them out of passion for the brand. Jackets from Hidesign used to sell in India at about 7000-8000 for a lovely nubuck jacket.
those days we had supplied Marlboro Classics with some lovely jackets at a rate of about 80USD or so FOB India. Those same jackets I saw in Paris in the Marlboro Champs Elysees store - Full Price 1800 Euros. Marked down on Discount they were still priced at 700 Euros. Amazing!
this is why foreign visitors to India, particularly to Delhi, Bombay, Pondy, Bangalore and Madras used to flock in droves to the Hidesign stores and buy stacks of stuff at the normal Indian MRP which must have seemed to them abysmally cheap! Also, the Hidesign Briefcases in Selfridges or House of Fraser, retail at 300 GBP or more. Handbags for ladies retail at about 200 GBP or so. Similar bags if bought in India, would set us back by about 3500-4000 for a ladies bag and perhaps 6000-7000 for a mens briefcase. Great value when bought here in comparison to the International retail pricing.

Here is mine. Using since last few months.

I currently use a Hidesign wallet which is black in color....been 6 months now and till date it looks as good as new.

I use Pond export surplus wallet. The same brand Card holders and a stroll y square bag for air travel.

Quote:

I absolutely hate the bulk of wallets, not carried one in nearly a decade now.

I use a money clip. Enough for cash & 2 or 3 cards (including the driving licence):

Attachment 824581

Picture Source
Though I use a wallet for the intended purpose, but I don't stuff it where it belongs :p

On a Motorcycle, either on the lap-top bag or in waist pouch, else in a Car, the space below the hand-brake.

I simply can't stand it protruding & this protruding is irritating as hell. I have a Hugo Boss BTW.

I was using wallets for the last couple of decades. But in the last five years or so developed a bad habit of filling it with all the papers, bills, receipts and what not and the wallet gets so heavy so that keeping it in house was a lot lighter. Took a new wallet and the cycle repeated so that it also gets shelved. After three such cycles I quit using wallets but uses a card holder instead for the shirt pocket.
But the thread is now giving me second thoughts on returning to the wallet..

Interesting thread here !

I have been lucky to get good quality wallets as gifts since 10 years. My Louis Vuitton is crossing 8 years and still solid as a rock, I never liked thick wallets and it was re-gifted to my wifee :).
Name:  lv.JPG
Views: 1931
Size:  278.2 KB

I am using a Gianni Versace since 3 years and its as good as brand new, not a single mark of wear and tear. Its very soft and pure leather, looks like it may go another 3 yrs without a blink !!
The wallets thread - Which one do you own-gv.jpg

Hi everybody
I use YSL
I dump cards, DL, and some old papers/bills/id cards and of course money that it has become bulky and totally out of shape and frayed.
Would be ashamed to put a photo of it:)
regrds

I never used to carry a wallet during my school & college days... something that I followed my dad doing.

The first time I ever used a wallet was that of my Grandpa's. Was a 70's make, all leather, can't remember the brand. It was gifted to him by his brother from Baghdad.

Later on, I bought my first wallet when I started working, and that was a hidesign, from their outlet in Pondicherry.

I've changed many, all of them have been hidesign - have retained all safely. I have other brands too, which have been gifts like Eon, Ver, Nike etc but haven't used them yet.

One more to the HIDESIGN list. Been using mine for about a year now and it's still in shape !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shajufx (Post 2546709)
Interesting thread here !

I have been lucky to get good quality wallets as gifts since 10 years. Attachment 827656

:D Louis Vuitton and Versace!! that is some gift!

Just got this one from Picard. I needed one with the provision to hold coins. This one is a perfect size for what I wanted.

Hi,
Just came across this thread.
I am using this Ferrari wallet for the past 1 year.
Bought it from our dealership.

Can anyone suggest me a good retail shop in Chennai to buy some quality leather goods? I might need a wallet and a belt. A google search resulted in wholesale stores, but is there a good retail one that I can take a look online and then later go to the shop for the purchase?