Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 21:24   #1
BHPian

Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!

Bye My Ford Ikon!!! Its so sad to say good byyye to my best companion over all these years, many came and many went but one mate that stood by me all this while, from starting and setting up my business to long drives with so many girlfriends and friends n family to many business meetings all over india to endless delhi, pushkar, noida trips to accompanying good and bad times and people.....it stood still and saw it all with me like a mentor. Be it the last short stayed Chevrolet Cruze or the new Honda Civic, nothing can match the love I have for this Black Mamba, n don't know how will I hand over its keys to someone else.

I am still not over the potent engine and the ride my car used to offer, every day was bliss thanks to you. I never ever cared about the money I was spending over petrol simply because I knew I was getting way too much value for every rupee spent.

Last year came the day when I had the shock of my life, doctors declared me paralysed from left side and I lost my vision. Life never seemed so tough with half of the neurologists in the city declared me a patient of multiple sclerosis and the others confirmed that I had a major stroke (because of the fight i got involved in with the goons last night). Helpless me, gave away my Ikon to my driver to keep it safely and every day (writing from the bottom of my heart) whenever i was being taken to the doctor in the ikon i felt cocooned n loved. And slowly my vision started coming back and with uncle's support every morning I started going for walks, which further gave speed to my recovery. And now how selfish I have become, I am over with misdiagnosis and giving up on the one who supported me throughout. I am writing this with tears in my eyes because I do not want to part with my best friend, take away my civic you may but please spare my best buddy!

But guess time threatens to leave us behind if we do not move on, n herewith wishing you a lifetime of love till we both turn to dust. I will miss your being there in all those moments of peace and isolation, :( Happy journey love, your place in my garage and heart...shall always be reserved. I love you.
Attached Thumbnails
Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!-22.jpg  

Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!-26.jpg  

Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!-110120101476.jpg  

Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!-230520091034.jpg  

gaurav_diavolo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 23:24   #2
BHPian

Re: Bye Bye my Ford Ikon aka 'Mamba'!

This thread should be moved to ownership section.
Old 31st October 2011, 23:39   #3
Team-BHP Support

Touche!!

I too parted with my YZF R-15 approx a month back & felt as if I am giving my daughter away to the groom. So many good-byes while patting the tank.

Easier said then done, but a new ride, shall up-lift you a bit. Drive Safe
Old 1st November 2011, 06:40   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@Gaurav, you have posted this in the Long Term ownership section, but there is absolutely nothing in terms of a review. It is just a good-bye note, with 4 pics - of which 3 are with you in it, and just one of the car.
Old 1st November 2011, 08:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved to Shifting Gears.
Old 1st November 2011, 15:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Doctors had to declare that you were paralysed on one side? As in, you couldn't make it out yourself?
Old 1st November 2011, 18:56   #7
SRK
Senior - BHPian

@gaurav: Can feel your pain man.

Even we have a 1.6 Sxi model with us.

The driving pleasure is just great!
Maybe its not the best car around but when you drive you just feel so connected to it somehow.

Hope you find a new companion soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks