Team-BHP - Reclaiming my life - one day at a time
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Reclaiming my life - one day at a time (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/111000-reclaiming-my-life-one-day-time-28.html)

Update for last week:

#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for a brisk walk on 4 days.

#2 Reading
1. Completed "Overcoming Life's disappointments" by Harold Kushner.

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. About 4 hour of core work.

#4 Home-maintenance (neat-clean-tidy)
1. About 5 hours

Last week's update: The complete regime of 1 hour 10 min done 6 days of the week.

SDP, The original issue is gone, but the back muscles are yet week, but much better than where I was during March-May.

Update for last week:

#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for a brisk walk on 2 days. Being lazy.

#2 Reading
1. Completed "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. About 8 hour of core work.

1. About an hour.

Well, another IT labourer in the same boat. Thought of pouring some bits.

I have gained 22kgs in 4 years! Thats 5.5kgs a year, which is definately BAD!
I go out of breath after climbing 4 floors of my building(BAD)
I start panting heavily after running 1 round of 800meters! (Worse)
I almost sit down after every 15mins while trekking! (Worst)

Stamina has come down to zero and is slowly going into negative. The person who could climb Raigad in 45 minutes now takes 2.5 hours! All this has happened due to lack of determination and dedication. Every time I start a routine, it goes for a week maybe two, then it comes crashing down.

Serious thinking over this thread has somehow boosted my morale.
Let me try to come back! :thumbs up Running and lots of running is the only way for me. This can help me to get back to my dearest hobby of trekking!

I hope you don't mind if share my routine as well :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper (Post 3254237)
I hope you don't mind if share my routine as well :D.

You are most welcome KD! Please join in. I can be ruthless in terms of followups and believe me as for as fitness is concerned having someone who would keep on reminding you (sometimes to the point of irritation :D) is a good thing.

Big plans for the next two weeks. Annapurna Base Camp trek in Nepal from 5th to 17th Oct. Hopefully helps me lose those extra kilos.

Sorry for the late post: 5 days of complete regime of 1 hour 10 min.

Planning to go for swimming classes next week, I can beat my hands and legs and manage, but want to learn properly...

Sorry for the really late update. :Frustrati

Update for last week:

#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for a brisk walk on 2 days. Being lazy.

#2 Reading
1. Completed "The book of 5 rings"

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. About 4 hours of core work.

1. About an hour.

Sorry for the late post, I am on part vacation part work part at home for two weeks... :)

Last week: 5 days of complete regime of 1 hour 10 min.

I am changing the regime from today:
Day 1: Free hand Stretching and Strengthening exercises (40 min)
Day 2: 20 min of cycling and 20 min of weight exercises
Day 3: 30-40 min Swimming
(repeat)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkumarlb (Post 3261808)
Sorry for the late post, I am on part vacation part work part at home for two weeks... :)

Last week: 5 days of complete regime of 1 hour 10 min.

I am changing the regime from today:
Day 1: Free hand Stretching and Strengthening exercises (40 min)
Day 2: 20 min of cycling and 20 min of weight exercises
Day 3: 30-40 min Swimming
(repeat)

Good workout Ajit! :thumbs up

-----------------------------------------------------------
Update for last week:

#1 Weight-Control
1. Went for a brisk walk on 5 days.
2. Went for a medium-grade trek on Saturday. 3.5 hours of walking/climbing. See that arrow? Walked/climbed upto there. :)
Reclaiming my life - one day at a time-dsc_0036_22_24_tonemapped-copy-jpeg.jpg

#2 Reading
1. Completed "Gandhi: The CEO"

#3 Planned 'core' work
1. About 4 hours of core work.

1. About an hour.

Nice pic there SDP! :thumbs up

I too went trekking to Raigad on Saturday. This was actually a test in which I wanted to judge myself. Absolutely no gym for the past months, no walking jogging routine. With this, I was expecting huffing and puffing after few minutes of start. But was surprised to see myself on top in flat 2 hours including breaks.

The welcome change was that I did not feel like stopping every 10 mins and sitting down to catch my breath which was the case earlier.
Still waiting for my jog routine to get in place. Treks would be a regular affair from now on. Planning atleast one trek per month.

That's a good pic. Can you share some details on the trek, have been planning one now since the monsoon is almost over and the weather is good.

Thanks,
Trek

That's great SDP and nice pic & location...

My workout: 4 days of work out, i.e. D1, D2, D1 & D2.
No swimming yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper (Post 3265961)
Nice pic there SDP! :thumbs up

Its the same pic that is there on FB. I did not had the RAW, just the JPEG, but still managed to get 2 additonal exposure versions using Lightroom. Tried tone-mapping as suggested by you in photomatix and the result is not bad!

Quote:

I too went trekking to Raigad on Saturday. This was actually a test in which I wanted to judge myself. Absolutely no gym for the past months, no walking jogging routine. With this, I was expecting huffing and puffing after few minutes of start. But was surprised to see myself on top in flat 2 hours including breaks.

The welcome change was that I did not feel like stopping every 10 mins and sitting down to catch my breath which was the case earlier.
Still waiting for my jog routine to get in place. Treks would be a regular affair from now on. Planning atleast one trek per month.
Completely agree! Give me a shout if you can do with an additional treking partner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek (Post 3265968)
That's a good pic. Can you share some details on the trek, have been planning one now since the monsoon is almost over and the weather is good.

Thanks,
Trek

trek, it is Sarasgad. Near Pali. Around 3-4 hours drive from Mumbai.
More details at http://trekshitiz.com/Ei/Sarasgad-Tr...-District.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3266604)
Completely agree! Give me a shout if you can do with an additional treking partner.

Most welcome, just hop along :D.
Thinking of one this weekend. Saturday or Sunday morning. Short one nearby Panvel/Kalyan area.