Team-BHP - Reclaiming my life - one day at a time
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Reclaiming my life - one day at a time (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/111000-reclaiming-my-life-one-day-time-36.html)

Break from cycling for a week. Swimming continues. Brisk-walking and taking stairs continues.

UPDATE - WEEK 13.
1. Brisk Walk - Started the week by missing the Monday walk due a late sunday night and work. Also missed out Tue morning too. Did manage 15 kms on Tue evening and Wed. Did another 15 kms each on Thu and Fri morning. Missed out on some week days due to rain and the balmy Delhi weather. Relaxed the weekend.Hope the next week improves, both the weather and the resolve.
2. Weight Training - Did mild weight training with dumbbells and rod on three evenings.
3. Reading - Nil this week.
4. Reclaim activity. Nil this week.
5. Fun Activity - No PC games this week.
Watched 12 Monkeys SE01 EP01-06.TV series. Also got a copy of my all time favourite show Person of Interest season4. Watched the first episode.
That's all for the week gone by

Quick update:

1. Swimming pool closed till further notice due to water shortage situation in Mumbai. So swimming not possible for a few days at least.
2. Have started preparing for Oxfam Trailwalker 100kms trek in late Nov

UPDATE - WEEK 14
After a lot of work related travel in India and Abroad and a short holiday in Himachal, finally got back in town and started to Reclaim my life back....
1. Brisk Walk - Started with a bang. Was able to walk 10 kms a day both morning and evening for four days.
2. Weight Training - Did on all four days.
3. Reading - Hmmm.
4. Reclaim Activity - Sorted out my digital photo collection. Took the entire weekend. Phew !
5. Fun Activity - Got Far Cry 4. Started the Campaign mode.
TV. Saw the entire Season 4 of Person of Interest. Great Show !

UPDATE - WEEK 15

1. Brisk Walk - work in Progress. Was able to walk 10 kms a day both morning and evening for four days. Skipped Friday as was a holiday and slept in....
3. Reading - Hmmm. Still not started.
4. Reclaim Activity - Nil this week.
5. Fun Activity - Far Cry 4 Campaign mode. Finished about 25%.
6. Fun Activity - TV. Got The Following Season 1. Saw about 5 EP. Fascinating show, as compelling as 24.

UPDATE - WEEK 16

1. Brisk Walk - In Continuation. Was able to walk 10 kms a day both morning and evening for four days. Skipped Mon due a late night on last Sun.
3. Reading - Nil.
4. Reclaim Activity - Still Procrastinating.
5. Fun Activity - Far Cry 4 Campaign mode. Finished about 35%.
6. Fun Activity - TV. Got The Following Season 1. Completed all EP. Onwards to the second season.

UPDATE - WEEK 17

1. Brisk Walk - Continuing well. Was able to walk 10 kms a day both morning and evening for four days.
3. Reading - Nil.
4. Reclaim Activity - Still Procrastinating....hmmm
5. Fun Activity - Nil this week
6. Fun Activity - TV. Completed The Following Season 2. right now on EP 05 of Season
3. One of the most gripping shows I have come across. Mindblowing !

Bumping up an old thread.
Story so far.....
After having lost out on the postulates of the essence of this thread due to relocation to a new place and assignment. Lots of work related pressure and personal commitments made me go lax. Realised this after my medicals this year. I had gained weight nearing 90 kgs, my BP was over the top and sugar was borderline.Finally decided to start a planned reclaim of my life once again, afresh. A much needed reset. Set a goal which is achievable. So to speak, Set sail to a preferred horizon. So here goes......

RECLAIM - WEEK 1

1. Brisk Walk - Started to walk 5-8 kms a day both morning and evening for five days.
2. Weight Training - Started with basic weight training. Managed on four days this last week.
3. Reading - Started with light fiction. Tom Clancy's Oath of Office.
4. Reclaim Activity - Still Procrastinating....hmmm. Starting to think of establishing a vegetable garden.
6. Fun Activity - TV. Started a netflix connection. Started to watch The Ozarks. Interesting so far.

Focussed on being able to start with a small steps at a time. Love the long walks, allows me to think and clear my mind of the clutter. It is timeconsuming but am out by 6 am everyday for 3-5 km walk and 7pm after office hours for a 5 km walk. Balancing time with commitments and the family. commited to keeping with with Reclaiming back my Life.....one day at a time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by princey (Post 4585948)
Bumping up an old thread.
Story so far.....
After having lost out on the postulates of the essence of this thread due to relocation to a new place and assignment. Lots of work related pressure and personal commitments made me go lax. Realised this after my medicals this year. I had gained weight nearing 90 kgs, my BP was over the top and sugar was borderline.Finally decided to start a planned reclaim of my life once again, afresh. A much needed reset. Set a goal which is achievable. So to speak, Set sail to a preferred horizon. So here goes......

Can totally relate to your story. I relocated last year and have pretty much the same issues. My schedule's gone for a toss, and so have my medical parameters too. Worse still, I don't have my car either, so feeling really lost. Well, but there is a silver lining. My walks have increased and how. I'm now averaging at least 5 kms per day, with about 15 kms on weekends. Have to start running or gymming soon though.

Good luck with your rejuvenated attempt to reclaim your life buddy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalvaz (Post 4585982)

Good luck with your rejuvenated attempt to reclaim your life buddy.

Thanks for the wishes Lalvaz.
The challenge is to remain motivated to complete the planned physical tasks. At my age, nearly 49, its still a challenge as one is not as young as before. Takes time and effort to wake up and be up and about every morning. But nevertheless it a challenge that remains....surmountable.
This week drags on !

UPDATE - WEEK 2

1. Brisk Walk - Continued the walk. Missed out Monday morning on pure laziness. Was busy with work on Sat, missed both times. Hope to make up this week.
2. Weight Training - Basic weight training continues. Managed on four days this last week.
3. Reading - Tom Clancy's Oath of Office book is continuing at a snails pace.
4. Reclaim Activity - Still Procrastinating about the vegetable garden.
6. Fun Activity - TV. The Ozark serial is continuing. Reached S01E04 so far.

The main focus was to continue the started activities as its far easier to give up. Was a challenge to get up early on Tue morning after having missed a day. The focus is to improve.....slowly and steadily and build up pace once activities stabilize. Thanks for your support.