Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 13:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Legend : EF9 Honda Civic SiR

I guess Vipers Car has the same engine.

Though this car is the old Civic it produces 160BHP at around 8000RPM. I wonder why the latest civic produces only 140bhp??

Anywayz this article is a worth a read.

The Legend : EF9 Honda Civic Si[COLOR=red]R[/COLOR]

With the launch of the 8G Civic here in Malaysia barely 10 hours away, I thought it most appropriate to celebrate the event with my next TOVA Feature Car and the perfect car for this task can only be the Civic that truly started it all, the legendary EF9 Honda Civic SiR. While there have been great Civics before this one, to the hard-core enthusiast, the EF9 Civic SiR is the one that really started the legend of the enthusiast's Civic. It is the first Honda to carry the legendary Si[COLOR=red]R[/COLOR] badge and with it, state of the art racing technology made accessible to the common man.
The EF or 4th Generation 'Grand' Civic was launched in September 1987 for the japanese domestic market. The EF9 Civic SiR however did not feature in the starting line-up in that launch. The launch introduced four key engines, a 1.3l SOHC carb, a 1.5l SOHC dual-carb, a 1.6l SOHC PGM-Fi and the famous ZC 130ps DOHC PGM-Fi. The top model in 1987 was thus the EF3 Civic Si carrying that ZC 130ps DOHC PGM-Fi engine with a 5MT. This model was famous in its own way, with a unique feature lovingly called the 'power bulge' by enthusiasts. This is a little hump on the left side of the front bonnet whose presence signifies it houses the ZC engine. With a 0-100kph time in the low 8-seconds range, the car was quite widely recognised by performance enthusiasts. Still the general concensus was that it was a "nice preppy little car" but true respect as a serious performance car was still not coming its way.

.... ...... ....
.... .... ....

Read the rest of the article HERE

Note From Moderator - Please do not post the entire article on TBHP. Post a short snippit and a link.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2006 at 04:51.
Old 9th March 2006, 16:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oops typo i meant Ford Rocams car has the same engine..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks