Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2006, 20:22   #16
BHPian

Pr

i understand you position today but it is no use cribbing over it now.

at that point of time what u could have done is take a loan from ur in laws for the car and you could repay at your own sweet time. it would have saved ur ego and served the purpose of buying the car as well as the house. now they arent gonna buy a house worth 16 lakhs for you.

today i m faced with a similar situation. the only difference is that we had the option to go in for a new car or renovate our four year old home. same thing of liability and asset, we have applied here and have opted for the renovation. will be able to have our dream home made and we already have a m800 to drive another year or so.

shubbhi

Last edited by manaa45 : 10th March 2006 at 20:23.
Old 11th March 2006, 01:04   #17
BANNED

Hey, I'm sure there are a whole lot of us who are thinking the same !! Real estate is on a boom almost across the country, not only in Chennai . When I got married I too thought of buying a house in Delhi/Gurgaon and now I wish I had bought it ... but as the saying goes ' No use crying on spilt milk ' .

I'm sure if you plan you still can buy ur dream house .... there was a time when the generation before us worked and saved for a lifetime and then built themselves a house !! Our generation is the other way around .. build a house and then keep working for the rest of ur lives to pay for it .... I still rather save and when have enuff buy a dream house !!

So enjoy ur car ... when u have enuff stashed away , go buy a house !!

Cheers
Old 11th March 2006, 01:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

prkothan

If we were to go back into the past, I am sure there will be quite a few decisions that you felt that you could have taken better. Point is - would thinking back change those decisions? No.

Continue enjoying the pleasure that your car gives you and dont curse yourself or the car for not having bought a house. Look forward to doing things better in future and forget about the past.

In other words, dont cry over spilt milk.....
Old 15th March 2006, 17:03   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuppan
Now running around velachery....in search of a house...

Goodluck. I suggest to look at places where there is no over-hype. So that u can get some real appreciation.

In some places people quote a price, those prices are not selling prices just asking prices. You offer him that price, seller will increase it ( the intention is not to sell, just to check the prices for their assests). This is what happening in Velachery. People ask for fancy prices here.
Old 15th March 2006, 19:15   #20
BHPian

i can understand how you feel. if you had bought the house then and sold it now, you could have bought the car and also have a healthy bank balance...

anyways my suggestion would be that there is no use crying over spilt milk...look ahead and plan now that you have gained experience...
Old 5th April 2006, 22:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Cheer up mate.. Atleast u have The Palio !!

BTW, I bought an apartment in Velachery before I bought my Palio .. Its another matter that I never stayed there even for a single day !!
Old 5th April 2006, 23:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club......is all I can say. Most young people like to buy cars and travel instead of investing their money in property.

But, the fact is real estate prices will only go north. So, rather than brooding about it, find the next hottest upcoming neighbourhood and buy before that goes up too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks