Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 10:59   #10321
BANNED
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Panaji - Goa/Bangalore - Karnataka
Posts: 3,261
Thanked: 747 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Hi there. We work in the same building in Domlur.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-07062011016.jpg  

Spitfire is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:08   #10322
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 9,168
Thanked: 7,777 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Silver Innova with number 5179, i think, having LCLC sticker stuck on the rear bumper. I was behind you as we battled the mayhem all the way from Belandur towards Marathalli on the ORR.
benbsb29 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:13   #10323
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,895
Thanked: 1,580 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Spotted an Indica Vista (pinkish orange) on the highway on the Katraj DehuRoad bypass near HEMRL yesterday evening at around 6-15. I think I saw the LCLC sticker in the middle of the bumper.
I thought it was T-bhp sticker but was not sure. I passed the car and at the same time my favorite song came on and being alone and my windows up I was singing quite loudly and lost track of where the car went.
Dear fellow BHPian if you have tried to flash lights or honk I am truly sorry for not being attentive. Later after the song was over I slowed down looked around but I think I lost the gentleman. If you are a regular on this route I will try definitely to stop and say "Hi". Sorry if you tried to communicate and the singer in me did not allow the petrolhead to pay attention

Finallyyyyy! Somebody spots me. Yes, it was me Ambivalent_98. Boy oh boy, were you in some hurry or what. The way you overtook me gave me jitters. You stopped too close to my Vista's rear bumper, then took a sharp left and again a sharp right to overtake me. And then kept on flying. You took the Paud road exit while I continued on the highway. I guess the Vento TDi is too addictive and there is all this adrenaline rush all the time.

I also spotted the following:

What: Red Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia with 1787(IIRC) reg no
Where: Near Seasons Apartment Hotel in Aundh
When: Around 6 PM
Sticker: 'got BHP?' on the boot lid.

The cedia looked really good mate. Who is this?
ajay_satpute is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:23   #10324
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 192 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Finallyyyyy! Somebody spots me. Yes, it was me Ambivalent_98. Boy oh boy, were you in some hurry or what. The way you overtook me gave me jitters. You stopped too close to my Vista's rear bumper, then took a sharp left and again a sharp right to overtake me. And then kept on flying. You took the Paud road exit while I continued on the highway. I guess the Vento TDi is too addictive and there is all this adrenaline rush all the time.

I also spotted the following:

What: Red Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia with 1787(IIRC) reg no
Where: Near Seasons Apartment Hotel in Aundh
When: Around 6 PM
Sticker: 'got BHP?' on the boot lid.

The cedia looked really good mate. Who is this?
Hey Ajay sorry for not being attentive at all. Actually as I said I was listening to natya sangeet and Kumar Gandharva started Prabhu aji gamala... and I was hearing it after many days. So your sticker was black on orange but I didn't get a good look. And I don't think I was in "Attack" mode when I drove past you. Especially the way you describe it.
ambivalent_98 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:26   #10325
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,895
Thanked: 1,580 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hey Ajay sorry for not being attentive at all. Actually as I said I was listening to natya sangeet and Kumar Gandharva started Prabhu aji gamala... and I was hearing it after many days. So your sticker was black on orange but I didn't get a good look. And I don't think I was in "Attack" mode when I drove past you. Especially the way you describe it.
No offense meant at all. Infact, I was kinda envy at the way the car was behaving at such speeds. Very sharp and accurate. Loved it.

P.S. Thanks for spotting me man. 2 years on Team BHP and I got spotted just yesterday. Feels good.

P.P.S. BTW, I was listening to "Naman Natwara Vismaykara..." from the Balgandharva album. Feels good that people in ultra modern cars(My Vista might not be too ultra modern :-) ) still like the music from golden age.

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 8th June 2011 at 11:30.
ajay_satpute is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:30   #10326
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 17,081
Thanked: 40,059 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Saw this swift on 6th (June) near Vasant nagar.

Identify yourself BHPian ?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dsc00197.jpg  

volkman10 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 11:34   #10327
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,941
Thanked: 3,095 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
P.S. Thanks for spotting me man. 2 years on Team BHP and I got spotted just yesterday. Feels good.
Dude, not fair! I spotted you a few Sundays ago and reported it here. Just because I dont have a pic you cannot ignore that. let me try and find that post..

EDIT: aur yeh raha saboot (hee hoo haa haa, in short ):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-car-667.html

By the way I have also already envied ambivalent bhaiya's VWV moves. I am not sure if it was Attack mode then sir, I was on my puny bike

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th June 2011 at 11:41.
selfdrive is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:12   #10328
Distinguished - BHPian
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 9,034
Thanked: 10,816 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

^^ Agree-- ajay has been spotted not once but twice before, it seems!

But you have to feel sympathy for him. The guy is so starved of sightings, everytime he spots a TBHPian, there is a near-accident .

Just kidding. Spottings are real fun. I have had more than my fair share in the past couple of weeks, wince the pre-monsoon showers started. I guess when it rains, people tend to synchronise their arrival/departure times- that may also explain the crazzy traffic on the roads whenever it starts!
noopster is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:21   #10329
BHPian
 
no_enthu_da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 81
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

spotted a silver M800 with several stickers in KHarghar, Navi Mumbai.

i've had another spotting (blue Swift) in the same place where the driver sprinted and disappeared; so i chased this one to make sure it was a TBHPian.

it was indeed!! met samarth.bhatia in the M800 he fondly calls SS80.
we chatted for over an hour!!

good meeting you!!
no_enthu_da is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:41   #10330
Senior - BHPian
 
Latheesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kannur
Posts: 3,644
Thanked: 6,028 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Few spottings:

1) Grey i10 near silkboard flyover few days back. It was parked on left side of the road (Had spotted the same car at the same location few weeks back)

2) White M800 in Salarpuria Infozone Ecity parking lot last week - It had few TBHP stickers

3) Today - Green BEAT near silkboard flyover today morning around 11.45. It had LTD sticker on rear bumper (centre). You went towards Madiwala

4) Today - White Safari (KING) near Infy bus stand - noticed you when you flashed your lamps, thought you were heading towards Salarpuria. Where did you go?
Latheesh is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 12:54   #10331
Senior - BHPian
 
sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,624
Thanked: 1,137 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

I spot amitwlele's car so many times, that I have lost the count. Most of the times though, I am on foot, so cant honk or flash () when on foot.
sajo is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 13:04   #10332
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 192 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Dude, not fair! I spotted you a few Sundays ago and reported it here. Just because I dont have a pic you cannot ignore that. let me try and find that post..

EDIT: aur yeh raha saboot (hee hoo haa haa, in short ):

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-car-667.html

By the way I have also already envied ambivalent bhaiya's VWV moves. I am not sure if it was Attack mode then sir, I was on my puny bike
When where ? I despise bikewalas who behave like truck drivers driving in the middle of the road right next to the divider. Hope you were not doing that when I passed by

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 8th June 2011 at 13:06.
ambivalent_98 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 13:06   #10333
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 792
Thanked: 192 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I spot amitwlele's car so many times, that I have lost the count. Most of the times though, I am on foot, so cant honk or flash () when on foot.
you might consider saying "Honk Honk" aloud and then batting your eyelids
ambivalent_98 is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 13:18   #10334
Distinguished - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,941
Thanked: 3,095 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I spot amitwlele's car so many times, that I have lost the count. Most of the times though, I am on foot, so cant honk or flash () when on foot.
Technically you can 'flash', but you may attract lots of attention
just kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
When where ? I despise bikewalas who behave like truck drivers driving in the middle of the road right next to the divider. Hope you were not doing that when I passed by
Paud road; somewhere on the mess of a road between Hotel Kinara and Rambaug colony. I also reported spotting you (as did mmxylorider)

Naah, I was in my left lane (to the your rear left). When I joined the road at Hotel Kinara you were already ahead of me. You decided to move to the left lane and I could have very well rear ended you right at the tbhp sticker on your bumper. Thankfully I was looking right at the sticker, so swerved on time
selfdrive is offline  
Old 8th June 2011, 13:28   #10335
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,895
Thanked: 1,580 Times
Default re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ Agree-- ajay has been spotted not once but twice before, it seems!

But you have to feel sympathy for him. The guy is so starved of sightings, everytime he spots a TBHPian, there is a near-accident .

Just kidding. Spottings are real fun. I have had more than my fair share in the past couple of weeks, wince the pre-monsoon showers started. I guess when it rains, people tend to synchronise their arrival/departure times- that may also explain the crazzy traffic on the roads whenever it starts!
Ya...right. I need that sympathy. Keep it coming.
ajay_satpute is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks