Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 04:38   #19411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

Hi that's me. I finally got spotted. Were you driving a dark green esteem? I think you were having the S2 and were clicking this pic with it while enjoying a smoke. Thought of stepping out and chatting as it is we were stuck for more than 2minutes. You even stared at me while taking the turn. Hope I'm not wrong.

Btw how come the biker isnt in the pic between our cars?

Also when we started moving, were you flashing for acknowledgement? I felt so cause there was so much gap between us. if you noticed, i too flashed my brake lights quite a few times while stationary
Hi, yes I was in the black esteem. Would have been nice to have a little chat there. I generally pass that way everyday between 4:30 - 5. Will definately stop the next time I see you, wont miss the car. I did look at you when turning but got my eyes back on the road quick as that corner is crazy.

Yes, I did flash my lights but did not notice your brake lights. Took a few pictures and posted the one with no one in between. I was pretty sure that you would be on TBHP as you had practically the entire set of stickers on the car.
Old 31st August 2012, 08:51   #19412
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Gurgaon Spotting : Dark Blue Ford Fiesta Classic , LTD on the rear windscreen ! You sped away before i could make my way through autos .

Black SX4 Ka registered . Almost all the stickers. This is the 3rd time i've spotted it. No acknowledgement as well. Is usually driven by a lady going towards udyog vihar phase 3/4 i suppose. No takers yet?
Old 31st August 2012, 09:36   #19413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpioman View Post
Hi, yes I was in the black esteem. Would have been nice to have a little chat there. I generally pass that way everyday between 4:30 - 5. Will definitely stop the next time I see you, won't miss the car. I did look at you when turning but got my eyes back on the road quick as that corner is crazy.

I was pretty sure that you would be on TBHP as you had practically the entire set of stickers on the car.
That biker was giving me strange looks when i was turning back to observe what you were doing. However you didn't have any stickers on your ride. I shall lend you some of my remaining ones if you want any, the next time we meet.

Btw 430 to 5 is one bad time to cross that signal. Why don't you take the Cunningham road? Its a bit relaxed then. That day's jam was horrible. But i had to take that route as I'd work in Malleshwaram.

Regards.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 31st August 2012 at 09:44. Reason: added proper quote
Old 31st August 2012, 10:38   #19414
Senior - BHPian

Spotted anilisanil with his grey Figo at the HEMRL junction on the Bavdhan-Pashan route. I was one car behind you.

Also spotted amitwlele yesterday at Chandani Chowk.
Old 31st August 2012, 11:09   #19415
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Blue Dzire KA 05 ** 6557 with "I Drive Safe" near Mandovi circle, Bannerghatta Road. Date/Time: Aug30th around 11:00 AM.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-dzire_aug30th12.jpg  

Old 31st August 2012, 11:17   #19416
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting incident about non-members sporting stickers.
Yesterday at the entry to Barapullah flyover, a red Polo with an LTD.

This guy had been tailgating me from sarojini nagar, and I was sticking to the right side. Constant honking and weaving, and anytime he came alongside to pass, something or the other came in his path(autos/people/charpayis), and he was quite inept at waiting, apparently. Finally at the underpass, he passed me and I saw the LTD.

I felt like such an ***, that maybe it was a member who was trying to get my attention, and here I am , laughing at him. I drew up alongside, and he was like a horse with blinders. Finally he rolled down the window when I waved big.
Me: "Whats your Handle?"
Him:"hain?"
Me: "LTD, on the boot?"
Him: "-------"
Me: "Are you on TBHP? There's a sticker on your boot."
Him: "Oh!!no, I am not"
Me: "OK, I thought you were honking for a spotting. So you were just honking bekaar mein?"
(wait for it...)
Him: "Yes!"
Old 31st August 2012, 12:42   #19417
BHPian

I spotted a Skoda sedan (Laura / Octavia not sure which one) MH15 regd at Wakad, Pune earlier today. The person was headed towards hinjewadi Ph2. Who be it?
Old 31st August 2012, 12:47   #19418
BHPian

Mumbai spotting :spotted this swift three days back near byculla flyover going towards CST around 10 am . The max I could do to signal you was to flash the headlight twice because dad was driving the car. We were in a Black FL Laura. Bhpian who are you ?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-swift.jpeg  

Old 31st August 2012, 13:17   #19419
BHPian

Please post this somewhere else if this is slightly OT but I need to ask this :

Are we inviting road rage by sporting stickers? I have had a college kid in the passenger seat showing me the middle finger for changing lanes when the entire traffic was drifiting right due to a crane suddenly blocking a lane. I had switched the indicator when the car was very far away.

Today on a single lane Vasant Vihar flyover where is no scope to overtake I had a Santro tail gating me and swerving left to right when I was infact keeping speed with the cars ahead and maintaining the average speed of the traffic. After being shown a finger I slowed down the car to the first gear and drifted at 15 km/h cause he deserved it.

Are people targetting BHPians? Is it because everyone on the road seems to have an inferiority complex and BHP stickered cars are potential targets?
Old 31st August 2012, 13:58   #19420
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I saw a black Swift (Vxi, I think) stopping in front of L&T Infotech in Whitefield, to drop off someone. The car had 'got bhp' on the left and red&black LCLC on the right side of rear bumper.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:27   #19421
Distinguished - BHPian

Khanpur, New Delhi, an hour ago. Any takers?

Name:  ForumRunner_20120831_142558.png
Views: 1966
Size:  262.1 KB
Old 31st August 2012, 14:31   #19422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
I spotted a Skoda sedan (Laura / Octavia not sure which one) MH15 regd at Wakad, Pune earlier today. The person was headed towards hinjewadi Ph2. Who be it?
It's a Laura. Have spotted it couple of times headed towards IBM. Guy driving doesn't acnowledge either in the flesh or on forums- probably a non-member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
Gurgaon Spotting : Dark Blue Ford Fiesta Classic , LTD on the rear windscreen ! You sped away before i could make my way through autos .
Could be Sugeeta? She's always complaining that nobody spots her

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Are we inviting road rage by sporting stickers?(...)
Are people targetting BHPians? Is it because everyone on the road seems to have an inferiority complex and BHP stickered cars are potential targets?
I think you are reading too much into it. Though people HAVE mentioned to me to take the stickers off when submitting an insurance claim since some surveyors may think you belong to some sort of racing club.
In my opinion, people have all sorts of stickers on their cars and nobody bothers you unless you give them reason to by not driving well. The sad thing is that sometimes good driving (e.g. slowing down at an intersection, waiting for pedestrian to cross, giving right of way at a roundabout) is perceived as "bad" driving which could be the reason.
Old 31st August 2012, 14:59   #19423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Me: "OK, I thought you were honking for a spotting. So you were just honking bekaar mein?"
(wait for it...)
Him: "Yes!"
This is epic No wonder acknowledgements (on the road) are so less in Delhi-NCR. So many people honk and flash endlessly for no reason. I have allowed many slower cars to pass hoping it will be a BHPian, only to realise that it's a car high on aspiration/inspiration and low on torque, BHP and road sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Got BHP? might appear provocative to a few but it's more to do with the lack mannerisms with them than stickers on your car. It's better to ignore such morons as you never know which one is carrying a local made katta/gun. I have experienced some people (inspired by F&F series) that would start revving while looking at you at signals and there would be others that would pass you and then slow down. I always choose to ignore them as they aren't worthy of racing Crusoe.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:24   #19424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak1201 View Post
If the color of the vehicle was c-beige then it was me - Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's a Laura. Have spotted it couple of times headed towards IBM. Guy driving doesn't acnowledge either in the flesh or on forums- probably a non-member.
Noopster, I am still alive

Last edited by adalvi : 31st August 2012 at 15:32.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:27   #19425
Senior - BHPian

I saw a black VW Polo in Trivandrum with an LTD sticker on the rear bumper. It also had an R&T sticker. It was KL-01-**-3030 if my memory serves me right.

Whoever it is, neat mods

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks