Team-BHP - R there any "NFS 5" fans out there!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   R there any "NFS 5" fans out there!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1140-r-there-any-nfs-5-fans-out-there.html)

Hey guy,
I've played all the version of Need For Speed and the only one that still interests me is the 5th version titled "Porsche Unleashed".

It maynot have fancy supercars like Ferrari and Lambo, but it does teach you a lot about the "Secrets of Racing". It's really amazing how, the smallest of changes can affect the way a car behaves on the limit.

The fastest car on my list is the GT1 and i've managed to hit 350+ kmph on the "Zone Industrial" track which also happens to be my fav.

More than racing other cars, i prefer improving on my personal best times and that has surely improved my racing line and braking judgement.

I'll be posting my best times for each track in a while. I just remember my "Monte Carlo 1" track time which is 1min1.70secs. I remeber it coz i just beat my previous best which was 1min2.12secs.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Hey Shan2nu,
NFS:PU definetely was an awesome game, and I probably did the exact same things that u said, but last I played was in 2001. I still have it but some how doesnt start in Windows XP, donno its a wierd problem, what OS do you use? If your using XP and it is still working then could u please tell me, if you've downloaded any patch or something, i'll surely love to give u some competetion if I can.
Anyway if your really interested in a Racing game thats close to real, I should tell you to buy Playstation 2 and Gran Turismo 3. Believe me, a Car Game, doesnt get better than this. Ofcourse GT4 is due to release this year-end. But till then this game is like Mecca of racing games.
NFS:U well, overall a good arcade game. But seriously, people into cars should buy a playstation 2, just for Gran Turismo Series.
Anyway I was going to start a thread about computer - console games, gizmos and gadgets. As I Figure all us Carzy (being Car Crazy) people are also into computers, games and gadgets ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ April 29 2004,04:58)]Anyway I was going to start a thread about computer - console games, gizmos and gadgets. As I Figure all us Carzy (being Car Crazy) people are also into computers, games and gadgets ..

Looking forward to that thread!! ;)

Shan2nu,
Never played that one but am getting Underground this evening any idea how it is??

And Pferdestärke,
lol how about a PS2 v/s XBOX flame thread? im for XBOX lol

I've heard that Underground is far better than any other NFS in graphics, tracks and cars. Never played it though. I've never played NFS 5 also.

My favorite is NFS3:HotPursuit. My favorite cars are the Mercedes CLK-GTR and Ferrari 355 F1 Spider. Favorite tracks are Hometown, Empire City, and Rocky Hills. I guess my lap record on Hometown is 1:02:53. Not sure about it. Can't play it now, my cd-rom is not working.

I love playing the Knockout: Expert level. Its really difficult in the last race if you are in the B Segment Cars at least.

Anyways does anybody have NFS3:HotPursuit cd?

Hey S350

I just got and started playing Underground a few days ago and trust me dude its my favourite NFS this side of Porsche Unleashed. It may not have the exotics but instead it has our normal street cars like the Civic, Lancer, RX7, Peugeot 206 etc which you can race and modify and you progress with the game. Some mods you can do are NOS Kits, Engine enhancements, turbo fitting and other stuff. I especially liked the drifting and drag modes.

Go buy it , its really worth the money.

NFS 5 "Porsche Unleashed" is easily my favourite game. I share a common problem with PS - it does not work with XP.

Hey Pferdestarke,

Try this link for solving your problems in running NFS PU on Windows XP

GTO

hey shan2nu, count me in too......nfs porsche unleashed is the ultimate for me too......the cars all handle so differently that it's a real treat mastering them. my fav are the 2.7 carrera rs and the '78 911 turbo. being a loyal nfs fan, i've got all the versions with me. the next one is nfs underground which does have truly amazin grafix and u can do ur own customisations (like wheels, decals, spoilers and lotsa stuff). but once u finish the first 100 or so races to beat the main guy, it turns to be a bit dull......anyways. nfs 3-hot pursuit is also pretty cool, better than hot pursuit 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ April 29 2004,10:40)]Hey S350

Go buy it , its really worth the money.

Ah now that u said it!!

6:30 P.M onwards maybe we cud do some multiplayin' ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
Hey Pferdestarke,

Try this link for solving your problems in running NFS PU on Windows XP

GTO

Thanks GTO, I'll try it as soon as I can. And if it works, Shan2nu.. We're ON!!

Anyway Underground is definetly for ppl who've loved Fast and Furious the movie (and the sequel, ofcourse). Its completely about tuning, modding ur cars. I love that game, the graphics etc.

Anyway " S350L-E240 " you should surely buy it. And I agree, we can have an Xbox - PS2 flame war too,
But if theres someone who's played a Gran Turismo b4, I am sure he'll say theres no competetion for PS2, all though Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2 are good racing games for Xbox, but seriously they're not even close to NFS Games. And NFS Games are probably only 5% good, compared to GTs..

By the way, some of you should even try ToCa Race Driver 2. It just came out this month, if you can get it, thats also too good. I have the demo of it, probably buy it when I return to bombay.

I've tried out both, Underground and Hot P II. Underground has good graphics but does get a bit boring after a while cos you can't really make small adjustments like ride height, trye pressure, down force, gear ratios etc.

Buying NOS and TC kits will surely make your car faster but in NFS5, even if 2 people have the same car with the exact power, you can still make you car go around faster by making aerodynamic adjustments.....and that is what i love about that game.

I have a different setup for each track. It makes racing that much more challenging.

In Underground though, i prefer the drift challenge to anything else. Nothing like a well balanced RX7.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ April 29 2004,17:42)]

Anyway " S350L-E240 " you should surely buy it. And I agree, we can have an Xbox - PS2 flame war too,
But if theres someone who's played a Gran Turismo b4, I am sure he'll say theres no competetion for PS2, all though Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2 are good racing games for Xbox, but seriously they're not even close to NFS Games. And NFS Games are probably only 5% good, compared to GTs..

By the way, some of you should even try ToCa Race Driver 2. It just came out this month, if you can get it, thats also too good. I have the demo of it, probably buy it when I return to bombay.[/quote]
Hey,
I have GT3!! Love it to the core.
Dun wanna fight over that lol just others like Halo, NG , Etc.

Hey Shan2nu!
This is what I could manage, which I feel is pretty competetive in NFSU.
Best Drag time:

And Best Drift:

Let me know if you think it is good enough!

Oops, I forgot to edit em to smaller size, just attached em the way I took the shots..
sorry for the inconvenience

best NFS i'v played ( havnt played underground tho )
is NFS 3 !

play it with a McLaren F1 GTR.. nothing like it !
way better than NFS 5 !