Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 13:55   #16
BHPian

IMO, 10 * 4 refers to the time he has to spend for his profession. i.e 10 AM to 4 PM. Still he could enjoy all the luxuries of earlier lucrative job.
Old 27th March 2006, 21:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK
But Interestingly... wagonR is certainly not for the heart!... its for the head!

Well, for me, definitly it was the decision of my heart. I was not even looking at this car as an option when i went for car hunting in 2004. I wanted to buy an Alto or a Santro (The SRK magic!). But, i fell in love with a WagonR , and decided to go for it.. Santro was more of a primary choice for tall boy buyers at that time.. WagonR was used to be called Dabba (and its still is called )and was quite rare on roads .. but i decided to be different fromt he crowd, and drive something different. In the end, i am satisfied.
Old 28th March 2006, 14:35   #18
BHPian

ya right, he must be reffering 10*4 to his wagon r only. because thats only his office cabin, his wagon R. " a floor that rocks" means he went to JBL showroom and got a nice amp and woofer for his wagon R.
10*4 could also mean 10am to 4 pm
I thought i was the only one to be confused with this add.
"coustmers keep comming back" well i dont care wat it means

Hey you people in banglore, if you get spare time pls. call or visit that guy and ask him whats that add means :-(
else any one from maruti here

*** Guys, please rate this add. on a scale of 10. ***

i say this super confusing and brain sucking add deserves no more than 2
Old 28th March 2006, 14:47   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

... on a scale of 1 to 10.......... 4
Old 28th March 2006, 15:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

I do not know what is so confusing and bad about this adv? There is a funda in marketing... it essentially translates into something like this... there comes a stage when your product is very well known and appreciated. You are doing well... at this stage your adv changes accordingly... you just need to maintain the brand recall and of course talk about all the other peripheral and unusual things. Remember the old TISCO adv, "Ispat bhi hum banaate hain"?

Well, now the WagonR is a well established product. People see it day in day out. It is also doing pretty well. At this stage of its life Maruti is trying to invoke the unusual. It is trying to look at the "other aspects" and show how it is meant for a different generation of people. One who beat the conventions. The Ex-Banker guy chucked it all that convention says is great career. He chose something unusual and yet made a rocking career out of it. Its only the association you gotta see... he 'also' drives a WagonR.

Do not relate that 10*4 and rocking floors to his WagonR
Old 28th March 2006, 15:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Do not relate that 10*4 and rocking floors to his WagonR

And just got hold of ACI today. WagonR sales continue to be ahead of Santro for 3rd(?) consecutive month!....
It seems the ad doing a good job...!..
Old 28th March 2006, 15:50   #22
BHPian

For all you know the 10*4 could also mean the time he spends in the darn car... 10 hours a day, 4 days a week (like they say 24/7 <24 hrs a day, 7 days a week>). What else do u think he does in his car, other than going up the mountain, going down the mountain! And looks like he's loving it!
The rest of the 3 days he moonlights as an investment banker! He has to pay for the petrol somehow right?!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks