Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2004, 17:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hey guys,

Well back in 1999 there was this airshow that was held in bombay over the bay, gazillions of people showed up all the way from nariman point, along marine drive, chowpatty, walkeshwar till malabar hill!
I have never seen so many people in my life! And the traffic that day was INSANE!!!
I really want some pictures of that day (i dont really care about pics of the planes...) I want pics of the crowd....preferably from a high viewpoint like a terrace or kamla nehru park or something, anyone got any? I would be very grateful!

Thnks,
Rehaan
Old 26th May 2004, 18:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hey rehaan,

Yes, I did take some pics, although nothing from higher ground, only street level, but you get a fairly good idea about the crowds. I'll scan em and post them tomorrow.

Lemme guess, you wanna show your college budds how crowded Bombay is eh?? I know, I did the same thing! Love the look on their faces when I show em pics of marine drive too, coz all they think of India is elephants and snake charmers (I'm talkin country folk here, as I was in Nashville)!
Old 26th May 2004, 18:20   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ May 26 2004,16:36)]I'll scan em and post them tomorrow.

Lemme guess, you wanna show your college budds how crowded Bombay is eh?? I know, I did the same thing!
Awesome! thnx....

LOL... well that is one of the reasons i want the pics * *but that day was just insane and i wanna see pics of it...thats mainly why i want it.

"snake charmers and elephants"
Hahaha..yeah, lol, the folks at college have trouble believing that i have a driver.... and that too not one..but a few driverS ...hahaha..lol
Plus i have pulled some real good ones, yknow..having a tiger in my back yard n all
hahaha.gotta love "foreign relations" *

cya
R

Old 31st May 2004, 11:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

At the meet last nite GTO reminded me of the sukhois at the airshow, and how they came all the way from Nasik/Pune (not sure)....and their ETA was 4minutes, and they still showed up in less time than that!! lol

Hopefully Rtech will post his pics soon
No one else here has pics??

cya
R

Old 31st May 2004, 12:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

damn...sorry dude...I keep forgeting to get the pics!

I'm setting a remider on my phone as we speak so I'll have em tomorrow for sure!
Old 1st June 2004, 17:32   #6
Team-BHP Support

OK rehaan...after a small delay ... here they r! Not very good, but they all i got! there r a couple more of the troops marching, but since they all look the same, I didn't post em.

Old 1st June 2004, 18:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hey Rtech,

Thanks a lot bud.
The two big pics were really cool!!
Its having some issues loading the images though....i had to left-clik "properties" and then cut and past the link. I would have rehosted them but im on dialup!@#

thnx,
R
Old 1st June 2004, 20:31   #8
zen
BHPian

thanks for the pics! that was on hell of a show.

Was at wilson then and the sukhois did some practice runs 2-3 days before the actual show. Was fun when everybody was craning out of class and no one would pay attention to the lecturer! (not like we could hear her anyway)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks