Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 21:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Watched Billa 07. Nice car chase done using drift car Nissan 240 set in Malaysia. (done by Malaysian stunt crew apparently). The sequence is pretty short though.
Yea....but the drifting seemed so out of place in a situation like that.....

But I must say, there is a mouth-watering line-up of cars in the movie....AMG Mercs, BMW's, an Sti, the afore-mentioned drift Nissan, among others.....
Old 11th April 2008, 19:50   #47
ajibba

Looks like Ronin is the favourite for many! Mine too, but I would put the car chase scene from the French Movie TAXI along with Ronin (No I am not saying Ronin is better or taxi is better, Just my personal favourites) this is a must watch (), Surprised that many did not mention about this movie before. Though it is a French movie it has been dubbed in all major languages and was a huge hit outside Europe.

Old 12th April 2008, 21:56   #48
BHPian

The Taxi series ( 1&2 ) for me. Get the French with English subtitles. If you understand French, even better
Old 10th April 2009, 12:47   #49
BHPian

Has anyone seen "The Hire" ? It was a series of eight short films that BMW put together around 2001.

The good ones in the series are -

- Star (Madonna and Clive Owen)
- Chosen (Clive Owen)
- Ambush (Clive Owen

The last one is still available on uTube

The others are a little hard to find (took me several days to find a good copy).

Two words - "must watch"
Old 1st June 2018, 14:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best car chase in movies!

The title of this thread will have most of you up in arms. All I ask is that you hear me out and give this classic car chase a watch.

This car chase is proof that you don’t need a Michael Bay explosion budget or a Koenigsegg barrel-rolling in slow motion whilst the driver mouths ‘I’m too old for this shit’ to be entertaining.

For years, Ronin has held my unofficial title of best movie car chase of all time, mainly due to the use of what I call 'real-world cars.

I didn't think car chases could be improved upon after watching Robert De Niro awkwardly smash a Peugeot 406 around Paris whilst chasing an BMW E34 M5. That is until I saw a little French film called Un homme et un femme 20 ans deja. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that 99% of you haven't seen this film, but I highly recommend that you do.

Disclaimer: I haven't watched the whole film. I just watched the car chase. I was trying to be cool.

I'm conscious that I am delaying the gratification of watching this clip, so all I'll say is, watch it until the wonderful climax that wouldn't be out of place in the Adult Film Awards.

Old 1st June 2018, 16:20   #51
BHPian

Re: Best car chase in movies!

The Italian Job has one of my favourite car chase scenes to, but I also am very fond of this one car chase scene from Die Another Day. Hope you'll like it too cheers.

Old 4th June 2018, 00:37   #52
BHPian

What about Baby Driver's opening scenes?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks