Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2006, 11:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rudra, Welcome to Hyd. Would it be possible for you to meet us? It would be one of my best moments to meet a person like you.
Old 13th April 2006, 12:05   #32
BHPian

Rudra sir, if you are coming here by noon, would you be able to join us for our meet, if we can make it a lunch meet instead of a dinner meet?

Another thing, can you please merge this thread with the hyderabad meet thread, as both of them pertain to the same topic, Amitoj coming to hyderabad and being the chief guest at our meet .
This is because some people see this thread and not the other one, and vice versa.

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 17th April 2006, 11:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Back!

Hi!

Thanks for all the tips and directions!

Wont bore u all with details etc... just a few observations ..

1. The autowallahs in Hyderabad do indeed have a whacky way of giving directions! Wot is a "straight right" anyways??? and another one said "wahaan se right karke maar lena... fir left karke maar lena"!! That was one violent autowalla eh! Then they give building names as landmarks which is fine if u know the name of the building already! Within a span of about 300 metres, i came across 4 buildings that could have been Madeena Building.

2. The two wheelers and three wheelers of Hyderabad are way more unruly on the road than the ones in Bangalore.

3. "Go straight" in Hyderabad can mean anything except go straight!

4. I wanted to see how the car would behave on the highway in a long run. Needless to say, i am damn pleased! My wife thought i was doing about 100 - 120 kmph when i showed her the speedo needle which was hovering at 150 kmph. The Bangalore to the outskirts of Hyderabad run took a total of 8.5 hours which included one breakfast stop, one traffic jam at Gooty and one closed railway crossing. Since i was lucky to have no such unwanted stops on the way back, i was able to reach Devanahalli (outskirts of Blore) in 7 hours. Of course, there were the usual one stop for breakfast and some loo stoppages. Almost the entire trip was with AC on and speeds between 120 and 140 most of the times (except when passing through the villages etc)

5. The Bangalore - Hyderabad highway is a pretty decent stretch of road. The road is curvy most of the times... where you can do fast ins and fast outs.

Havent calculated the FE yet... the kms and litres are at home right now... will post that later..

Cheers
Amitoj

EDIT: Uh, how do i change the topic of the thread? I dont want to use the "report bad post" linky from anyone's post and my own posts dont have that button.

Last edited by amitoj : 17th April 2006 at 11:42.
Old 17th April 2006, 12:27   #34
Jay
BHPian

hey Amitoj good to know you had a safe journey... some details about your journey with pics...
cant this post be put in travel experiences thread ?
Old 17th April 2006, 12:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Jay... at the last minute we found that we had misplaced the camera so couldnt take it along...
so no pics : (

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks