Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 21:19   #31
BHPian

Re: The great domestic LPG connection scam

Hi everybody.
More than 25 years back I bought a flat.As the owner was leaving Bombay he gave me his gas connection.Since then I have been using it.
Now I would like to transfer it to my name.I have all the documents like ration card,Pan card,election card,landline telephone bill etc.
Is there any provision in the rules about the transfer of a name from an unrelated seller.
My worry was that if I tried to sort it out I might lose the connection.
Somebody please guide
Thanks and regards
Old 28th September 2012, 14:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody.
Is there any provision in the rules about the transfer of a name from an unrelated seller.
This link gives the procedures for transfer of the title of connection
http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/En/ui/LPGFaqs.aspx#Q6
Old 27th November 2012, 15:44   #33
BHPian

Clarity on LPG Cylinder Cap Required.

Hi Guys

Need a bit of clarity on Domestic LPG Cap of 6 cylinders.

Is the cap effective from Sep 13 2012 or "after" Sep 13 2012, in the sense is it from Sep 14 2012 ? Is anyone aware of the govt order on the same. Pointers on the said direction are highly appreciated.

Reason being, my cylinder got delivered on Sep 13 2012 for the booking made on 3 Sep 2012. According to the transparency portal, I am eligible for only 2 more cylinders, as it takes into account the one delivered on Sep 13 2012 in the calculations for 3 subsidized cylinders for the remainder of the financial year.

If I remember correctly, the govt directive was issued in a meeting on Sep 13 2012. Any place where we can get this information.

Help is highly appreciated in this aspect.

Edit : Noticed that Hindustan Gas Transparency portals pick data before 14 Sep 2012. Bharat Gas Portal Just stuck in here

Quote : The per cylinder subsidy is calculated as Rs 344.17 based on estimated average subsidy of financial year 2012-2013 (after 13th Sep

Last edited by lambuhere1 : 27th November 2012 at 16:14.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:47   #34
Team-BHP Support

What is the equation for Gated Communities with piped gas?

I live in one and we are being charged the commercial gas rates. As per the infra team there is no clarity on what to charge and the dealers are hence taking in full rate.
So they paid full commercial rates and hence charging us the same.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:10   #35
Team-BHP Support

Imran, the same commercial rate is being charged within my apartment as well, for piped gas supply. Thankfully, i have not been using the piped gas facility, and delegated it to a backup in case we run out of gas, and have been using my personal connection right through.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:57   #36
BHPian

The dealer who provides piped gas to our apartments got a form filled from us. Basically, he is collecting the bank account number wit IFSC code. As per him, we will get charged at commercial rate, but subsidy amount will directly get deposited into the account.
Old 27th November 2012, 17:58   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

I live in one and we are being charged the commercial gas rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Imran, the same commercial rate is being charged within my apartment as well, for piped gas supply.
Even my society faced this issue. The final resolution was, each household will be given 3 cylinder worth of gas at subsidized rates till March 2013. For this, every household had to fill in the KYC forms regarding who is using the connection and the names of the dependents.
Old 31st December 2012, 17:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has any idea about what happens (for new connection) if you have non-ISI marked stove?

If the new LPG connection is denied because of lack of ISI-marked stove, then how are these stoves being sold in India?

I remember reading in some Oil co website that ISI mark or approved/reputed make is necessary for getting a connection.
Old 31st December 2012, 18:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Anyone has any idea about what happens (for new connection) if you have non-ISI marked stove?

If the new LPG connection is denied because of lack of ISI-marked stove, then how are these stoves being sold in India?

I remember reading in some Oil co website that ISI mark or approved/reputed make is necessary for getting a connection.
Yes, the connection may be denied. When you buy a new connection, if you don't buy the stove from gas agency, one of the technician would visit and certify whether your stove is fit for use or not. Here he may check if it is ISI or non-ISI marked stove.

Regarding, how these stoves are sold, it is the same way, how non-ISI mark helmets are sold in India.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:

I live in one and we are being charged the commercial gas rates. As per the infra team there is no clarity on what to charge and the dealers are hence taking in full rate.
So they paid full commercial rates and hence charging us the same.
How is your community managing the subsidy transfer in the new aadhar based system
Old 18th September 2013, 12:46   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
How is your community managing the subsidy transfer in the new aadhar based system
We currently pay the full price without any subsidy.

Given that my families usage costs us about Rs 200 a month, I don't really care for this subsidy.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:26   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We currently pay the full price without any subsidy.Given that my families usage costs us about Rs 200 a month, I don't really care for this subsidy.
What is the full price of the gas/month in the pipeline connection mode?

LPG cyclinder rates have hit the roof. From this month, its Rs.1024 per cyclinder if you do not have Aadhar Card. If you have the card then some 450 odd bucks will be reiumbursed back into your bank account.

Ridiculous policy, Dont see Aadhar being successful and think it may get scrapped completely in some months.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:32   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What is the full price of the gas/month in the pipeline connection mode?

LPG cyclinder rates have hit the roof. From this month, its Rs.1024 per cyclinder if you do not have Aadhar Card. If you have the card then some 450 odd bucks will be reiumbursed back into your bank account.

Ridiculous policy, Dont see Aadhar being successful and think it may get scrapped completely in some months.
The great domestic LPG connection scam-bill.jpg

Just took a screenshot of the utility bill my building property management team uploads on our portal.

We pay Rs 31 per kilo of gas. I have no idea why we are getting the subsidized rate.

As a apartment with 33kv line, we don't get the benefit of the multiple slab system for electricity.

But I am not complaining. I am ok paying for the high quality of current and the ease of piped gas.

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2013 at 15:35.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:50   #44
Team-BHP Support

Actually, its a strange concoction of ideas that I am yet to understand fully. However, one thing that I understood is that if subsidy is what you are looking at Aadhar based system has been designed perfectly to do away with the subsidies in the foreseeable future.

One thing is that they do not necessarily transfer the subsidy with every booking. What they do is that once you book a cylinder they transfer X amount as subsidy and then the cylinder is delivered. Strangely enough they immediately transfer another subsidy to your account but may be 10-15 rupees less. Your happiness for 2 subsidies on booking evaporates when in the next cycle of booking no subsidy is transferred to you! Then you realize that the second transfer was an advance transfer for the next booking but a little less in amount than the first subsidy.

Mystery deepens when you don't get any transfer for the subsequent2 bookings as well. You start writing to everyone in the world. And then again 1 subsidy materializes but by then you have again booked another cylinder and the cycle continues. With these strange disconnected transfer schedules you soon fall behind in the number of subsidies vis a vis cylinders booked.

Another thing in parallel that happens is that while government never raises the cylinder prices within 2 to 3 consecutive budgets and thus people who buy cylinder the old way keep paying the same price, the subsidy transfer never keeps pace with the international prices and thus the retail rate at which you buy the cylinder keeps increasing. End result is that today a cylinder may cost you Rs. 1024 but the subsidy transferred is only Rs.435, if it comes to your account. So you end up paying some Rs.590 for the cylinder when the people outside he ambit of Aadhar pay only some Rs.435 per cylinder.

Over a period of time as this subsidy will remain frozen the gas prices will keep increasing till it becomes pointless. Also, remember, how PDS through which we used to get Sugar and other groceries from the fair price shop slowly vanished till the ration card only remained as an identity proof for us (now even the ration card is an extinct hing I guess). Similarly the subsidies will also vanish as government can now pick-n-choose the demography to which it wants to restrict its largess.

Remember
1. while issuing Aadhar they collected your family's data on everything. They knoww your annual income, the place you live in (so you live in a gated community in a posh part of the town and need subsidy? Hmmm...)

2. the Aadhar card is linked to your bank account which in turn has all your details like, salary, PAN number etc. Connect the dots and "Now you see me"...

Last edited by Zappo : 18th September 2013 at 16:00.
Old 18th September 2013, 15:59   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We pay Rs 31 per kilo of gas. I have no idea why we are getting the subsidized rate.
Its very simple Imran. The gas subsidy system has been resolved for multitenantated apartments (govt mumbo-jumbo for flats in a society).
* you put your cylinder connection in the safe custody; thus you can't book any new cylinders any more till you request for a release
* you surrender the safe custody receipt to the supplier of piped gas as a proof to get subsidized piped gas
* you get an equivalent of 9 cylinders worth of subsidy for the piped gas. That will be roughly equal to 9x14kgs=126 kgs of gas consumption.
* Once you cross the above mark of consumption in a year you will be billed at the non-subsidized rate

Now rest easy. With your rate of consumption of barely 2 kgs a month you will only consume some 30 kgs or even lesser in a year. So you get subsidy all year round. Njoy maadi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks