Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2004, 14:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

I went to a near by office as my dad had given me some work!
I decided to take my car. After my work I started to get back home. On my way... i saw a really bad thrashed Indica with whole bonet bashed up. It was being pushed by 2 mechanic kids. As there were cars parked by the roadside.. there wasnt too much space for both cars to go! So i waited.. Those guys pushing that indica came upto 2-3 metres from my car.. face to face...i thought they will turn it ... but then i saw a kid trying to turn it .. it wasnt turning.. and bad part.. it wasnt stopping too... i was shocked seeing that thing come near as 1 metre... for a second i thought.. thats it.. those kids gonna bang it to my car ... but I dont know wat force made me put my car in Reverse gear and i just took my car back..I saved my car nearly by an inch or 2..Then a kid sat in the indica and stopped it by braking i suppose.. I got out my car.. and told those kids that they shud make someone sit inside the car when they push it. For 2-3 minutes.. i was stunned..But finally happy that i saved my sweetheart!..
Well the only thing i made wrong was that while taking my car in reverse. i didnt see in the rear view mirror, cauz for that moment my aim was to save it from the front bang!! It was my luck... that there wasnt anyone in the mirror..!

This was one unique encounter.. i faced today!!
Old 25th June 2004, 14:50   #2
Team-BHP Support

i hate the traffic condition in our cities.. and thank ur stars stratos u had the presence of mind.. take care

yday on the way back from work, there is stretch where one lane is blocked towards the intersection and two rows had already formed, me along with another 10-15 cars had lined up and waiting for the signal to go green.. suddenly out of the blue comes a bus of one of the big IT co in bangalore and passing all of us on the blocked lane and went n stopped at the signal and trying to cut across the rest of us, and in minutes all the jack asses (includes very expensive cars, dont know if education makes any sense in our country) had lined up side by side forming a 4 lane block and trying to get into the single lane exit point at the signal..

total chaos had at least 2 or 3 close shave tring to move in the lane (lucky i keep my door mirrors open to warn me ahead).. tried calming down, music and then by lighting a fag.. finally managed to reach the signal some 50 mts away after 20 mts and again another IT bus tries cutting, not even bothered if he bangs me (am not even moving and hooting the horn and signaling).. that did it i just stopped the car (lucky it was red n traffic not moving), got out of the passenger side door and went and gave the bus driver n cleaner all my gaalis.. some guys in the bus also started shouting at them.. got back in the car and left swearing at the idiots..

at least people who read this make sure u stick to lanes and avoid undue delay to all who are concerned.. for me i have decided to take another longer route till that mess clears up...

Old 25th June 2004, 14:57   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

Good save Strat .... otherwise... and thank god there was no one behind u
Old 25th June 2004, 15:06   #4
Team-BHP Support

Hey Stratos!

Just last nite i was on my way to dinner.... and while going thru a lane i saw a honda city reversing slowly..... and just behind it there was a dog sleeping on the road. Now i immediately saw what was going to happen, because the dog was well below what was visible in the rear view mirror of the city, even though the guy was looking carefully and reversing slowly.
My uncle was driving past and was looking at the road so kept going....but all i could do was shout through a closed window, which needless to say didnt help.
But just then i saw the city brake sharply, the dog musthave yelped and the driver must have stopped, and luckily the dog was lying between the two rear tires (is my guess...as we were way in front of the car by now).

Personally, when i reverse to park, no matter how good the visibility is or how isolated the area is i ALWAYS turn the music off, and i also revv the engine much more than neccessary while slipping the clutch and moving backwards slowly, just to prevent situations like this.

cya
R
Old 25th June 2004, 15:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ June 25 2004,13:36)]Hey Stratos!

Just last nite i was on my way to dinner.... and while going thru a lane i saw a honda city reversing slowly..... and just behind it there was a dog sleeping on the road. Now i immediately saw what was going to happen, because the dog was well below what was visible in the rear view mirror of the city, even though the guy was looking carefully and reversing slowly.
My uncle was driving past and was looking at the road so kept going....but all i could do was shout through a closed window, which needless to say didnt help.
But just then i saw the city brake sharply, the dog musthave yelped and the driver must have stopped, and luckily the dog was lying between the two rear tires (is my guess...as we were way in front of the car by now).

Personally, when i reverse to park, no matter how good the visibility is or how isolated the area is i ALWAYS turn the music off, and i also revv the engine much more than neccessary while slipping the clutch and moving backwards slowly, just to prevent situations like this.

cya
R
That true Rehaan! THats the proper way to reverse a car.. u never know wats sleeping on the road!!
Old 25th June 2004, 15:16   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

yest i saw a red Lancer reversing into a manhole. The driver was lookin behind thru the side mirror.
Old 25th June 2004, 15:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

LOL, yesterday sure was the day for reversing!

R
Old 26th June 2004, 16:46   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

man yesterday was sure dangerous for guys reversing
thnk god no 1 got hurt and more importantly no car was damaged.
Old 26th June 2004, 18:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

Close shave there Stratos. Good presence of mind you had there. And the more since your car is just back from a denting job. Even though we drive safe we neveer know whats gonna hit is. And apart from dogs we even have human being sleeping just about anywhere and thats dangerous too.

Safe driving everyone

Dippy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks