Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2011, 09:45   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Re: The BEST & the WORST Advertisements on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

Nothing on the domex ad? "Kya aapka toilet clean hai?"
And its aired during lunch/dinner time.

Why can't the sensor board think for a while before approving?
Old 29th July 2011, 10:17   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
And its aired during lunch/dinner time

Why can't the sensor board think for a while before approving?
Well actually the one originally aired during eating time (breakfast/ lunch/ dinner) was the Harpic ad. Unfortunately with a close up of a dirty toilet.
Perhaps the Domex ad is aired now too. I am not sure as I dont watch the telly anymore while eating!
Old 29th July 2011, 10:42   #2643
BHPian

I quite like the Idea 3G population control ad. I know it is nonsensical (illogical, even), but aren't most stand-up comedy acts similar? First time I saw it, it had me in splits. I mean, the person who thought of the concept (the relationship between TV, frequent powercuts in India and population) is just awesome. And I like the way it ends with Abhishek Bacchan saying his (kid) was 'planned' before 3G..Nice timing and delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Agreed, this Idea 3G Ad is disgusting. Very embrassing to watch with kids around
Why is it embarassing to watch it with kids? I mean, kids who aren't aware of 'the birds and the bees' would have no inkling about the ad and the ones who do, well, they have grown up! And such things should not be made taboo for them. (This is a very personal opinion. Please do not go blasting off.)
Old 29th July 2011, 11:45   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooney View Post
I quite like the Idea 3G population control ad. I know it is nonsensical (illogical, even), but aren't most stand-up comedy acts similar? First time I saw it, it had me in splits. I mean, the person who thought of the concept (the relationship between TV, frequent powercuts in India and population) is just awesome. And I like the way it ends with Abhishek Bacchan saying his (kid) was 'planned' before 3G..Nice timing and delivery.

Why is it embarrassing to watch it with kids? I mean, kids who aren't aware of 'the birds and the bees' would have no inkling about the ad and the ones who do, well, they have grown up! And such things should not be made taboo for them. (This is a very personal opinion. Please do not go blasting off.)

I agree with you completely, it is funny and weird but not irritating enough like the stupid Sprite ads! The ad definitely shows that some amount of thought and creativity has been gone into it and it drives home the idea, with 3G "everything else" has stopped. Intelligent way of advertising 3G for Mango People!

And I am with you on that embarrassing bit too
Old 29th July 2011, 11:55   #2645
BHPian

Quote:

Why is it embarassing to watch it with kids? I mean, kids who aren't aware of 'the birds and the bees' would have no inkling about the ad and the ones who do, well, they have grown up! And such things should not be made taboo for them. (This is a very personal opinion. Please do not go blasting off.)
Completely agree. I thought I was the only one who liked it. I cannot stop laughing when AB sheepishly says "Before 3G " . And I don't think it is embarrassing at all, atleast when compared to those deodorant ads. I remember one deo ad where the shirt button of a female dentist flies off exposing half of her you know what.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:57   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
I mean, the person who thought of the concept (the relationship between TV, frequent powercuts in India and population) is just awesome.
You will be surprised to know who is the original owner of that IDEA!

It was congressman Ghulam Nabi Azad's.
Ghulam Nabi Azad says late-night TV will help slow India's birth rate - Times Online
Old 13th August 2011, 20:32   #2647
BHPian

One nice Ad by Tata.

Old 14th August 2011, 10:47   #2648
Senior - BHPian

TATAs always makes good ads... but something I have always been fond of in their ads is the background score. Dint like that in this ad though.
Old 14th August 2011, 15:41   #2649
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Another dumb ad by Maruti after the "kitna deti hai" bs, who on earth approves such ads?
Completely agree with you. This is one of the most senseless ads in recent times. What on earth is the connection between a pet dog and the number of WagonR's sold? That chap next to the wagonR needs to be taken to the psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
One nice Ad by Tata.
Good one. But doesn't match up to the levels of Safari's 'reclaim your life' ads. Those remain among the best ads I have seen

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th August 2011 at 15:44.
Old 16th August 2011, 11:34   #2650
BHPian

Ad announcing the rebranding of Hero Moto Corp.
Loved the 'achievement' expression by the girl gymnast.

The guy in this lovely Seagrams ad reminds me about Mr. Bean

Last edited by Daewood : 16th August 2011 at 11:35.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:43   #2651
Senior - BHPian

i like the new Hero motor corp Ad.
brought a smile to my face when i saw it first time
Old 16th August 2011, 16:52   #2652
BHPian

Worst Ad, Hapric toilet cleaner.

"Kya aap jeebh se apni naak choo sakti hain"?
nahi Na, waise he apka toilet cleaner apke toilet ke kone kone me nahi pahunch pata.

(So he means human nose is a Toilet and harpic is a tongue. Weird analogy)

Someone give the Ad agency a gold medal in "whatever that was supposed to mean on Earth?" category.
Old 16th August 2011, 16:57   #2653
BHPian

Loved the hero ad and the background score too but is it me or did anybody else notice some of the bikes towards the end still have that typical "hero honda" sticker above the headlight?
Old 17th August 2011, 09:46   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Beat diesel advt.

I don't understand why advt. agencies & car manufacturers still show kids in front seats. At least this Chevy Beat diesel advt. shows the kid wearing a seat belt, but still kids are not supposed to using front seat till they reach a certain age & height.
Old 17th August 2011, 21:57   #2655
BHPian

Idea 3G add is very irritating and sheer stupidity and have off late started to hate Abishek bachan too. Damm he looks shabby with his unshaven face.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks