Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:00   #3571
BHPian

re: The Best & Worst Advertisements in India

Paytm's ad where teenager takes a girl out on a date and the boy's dad recharges his paytm account for successful date. To me the idea in this ad is very immature, repulsive and alien at just so many levels that its just beyond discussion.
Compare it with any GPay ad, miles ahead and gets the message of its utility across in a very sensible and entertaining way.
huntrz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 09:57   #3572
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Best & Worst Advertisements in India

This is easily one of the best billboards I've seen this year. Talk about making a statement, catching eyeballs and creating a buzz

The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-img7004.jpg

The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-img7005.jpg
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 09:46   #3573
BHPian

Off topic but could not really think of another thread to post this. This is not about an ad but the broadcast of the Durex ad during the world cup matches which is very annoying and discomforting. Cricket world cup is a family affair and in India watched by 3 generations together in the family room. And not all of them are adults, some are pre teens too and innocent to ask questions.

Is there no regulation of ads on our TVs depending on the program content and hour of the day? This isn't a late night show for god sake. If I sound an orthodox then be it. Please don't sell us sleazy ads in name of sex education. A lot of de odorants ads too are downright cheap and on the border of being vulgar. The I&B ministry should be proactive on such matters rather than being extra pro active on many maters of 'sentiment hurt'.
Rodie09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 10:19   #3574
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is easily one of the best billboards I've seen this year. Talk about making a statement, catching eyeballs and creating a buzz
The same concept from the Araldite 1982/83 billboard

The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-c6dif3jxqaersb4.jpg

..And their extension campaign.

The Best & Worst Advertisements in India-18198774_1120826521396477_1465969613852568679_n.jpg
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 10:22   #3575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
...broadcast of the Durex ad during the world cup matches which is very annoying and discomforting. Cricket world cup is a family affair and in India watched by 3 generations together in the family room. And not all of them are adults, some are pre teens too and innocent to ask questions.

Is there no regulation of ads on our TVs depending on the program content and hour of the day? This isn't a late night show for god sake. If I sound an orthodox then be it. Please don't sell us sleazy ads in name of sex education. A lot of de odorants ads too are downright cheap and on the border of being vulgar. The I&B ministry should be proactive on such matters rather than being extra pro active on many maters of 'sentiment hurt'.
Condom ads are only allowed to be broadcast between 10pm and 6am in India on TV.
OTT platforms do not have such guidelines and the government is currently working on a bill to bring all formats (TV, Radio, OTT) under one regulatory umbrella.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 10:40   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Condom ads are only allowed to be broadcast between 10pm and 6am in India on TV.
OTT platforms do not have such guidelines and the government is currently working on a bill to bring all formats (TV, Radio, OTT) under one regulatory umbrella.
Didn't know about the 10 PM to 6 am restriction. I wonder then how are these being broadcast during the matches in day. I am not watching on OTT but on Star Sports 1 over regular DTH.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 19:36   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Didn't know about the 10 PM to 6 am restriction. I wonder then how are these being broadcast during the matches in day. I am not watching on OTT but on Star Sports 1 over regular DTH.
Didn't hear anything so just wondering if there is a blatant violation happening here despite I&B's restriction during 6 AM to 10 PM time slot. I am sure many have seen this on Star Sports during matches.
Old 20th November 2023, 11:18   #3578
Senior - BHPian

During the recently concluded ODI WC tournament, I could not help but notice ads on the boundary and on the podium by BIRA91.

I assume that it's the beer brand doing surrogate advertisement. Aren't they supposed to be illegal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks