Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2004, 14:37   #1

Can anyone advise how to go about setting up a circuit for racing remote-controlled model cars?

Any tips will be welcome - i.e. info on websites, previous experience or knowledge, etc.
Old 12th July 2004, 15:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey nashgold

There are numerous websites on the web for reference on rc cars. Heres one RC Cars

Most of the websites offer tips on track building etc. I used to race RC cars way back when I was in Dubai and RC car racing is very popular with the Arabs there.

I dont race *anymore though since I live in Mumbai though *I still have a few RC cars with me.

What rc cars racing are u looking at ? The battery powered ones or the cars with engines which are built from kits?

Where do u plan to set this up and where are you based?

Btw circuit as in race track or something techy?

Dippy

Old 12th July 2004, 15:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Nashgold,

There is a large group of R/C airplane guys who fly every sunday morning/afternoon at the mahalaxmi racecourse. (but im not sure about now since its the monsoon).
I had gone there once with my uncles nitrocar (for the car park) and they all seemed very freindly and eager to help with everything. Im sure that if you get in touch with some of them they would have a lot of info and experience with the R/C circuitry.

cheers
R

ps - what exactly do you mean by "setting up a circuit". Is it a kit or are you developing your own?

Old 28th May 2009, 13:17   #4

Hey,

I am glad to see a couple of people talking about car in here.

Yes, we own the india's only R/C CAR racing track with international standards and all modern facilities on it. At present we have a race track of 2000 sq. mt for off Road Cars and In Spetember we are coming up with a On Road Oval track.

We are having the India's first RC race on the 5 - 7th of June ... Its the first 2009 Championship and will continue with other series of events from September 2009 - Jan 2010. In the second season we will be have Off road as well as On Road races.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks