Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2006, 21:42   #1
BHPian

Driving to Gurgaon from Indirapuram everyday!

Hi Guys,

Here is an unusual post...but thought I would have people here advice me. I am shortly shifting to Delhi (read Gurgaon) from Mumbai (read navi mumbai). my apartment is located in ShipraSuncity (Indirapuram (near electronic city turn Noida), Ghaziabad...I am in a dilemma on whether to drive everyday to my new office in Gurgaon (udyog vihar-1) of hire an apartment and stay in Gurgaon itself!

I am confused...I hate to live in a rented accomodation and thus the hesitation to shift to Gurgaon.

Your suggestion on route/challenges/time/any other suggestion from Shipra to Gurgaon would be highly appreciated.

Thanks -Rishi

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 29th April 2006 at 22:00.
Old 28th April 2006, 22:12   #2
BHPian

hi!

Welcome to Delhi dude. I will suggest that you stay in Gurgaon as it is a long drive or say mad drive from noida to gurgaon and back.
Old 29th April 2006, 00:24   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

dude are you out of your mind travelling daily up n down ... from indirampuram - gurgaon thats a total of 100+ kms just travelling ... distance, traffic and time and the temperature will eat u up man. Anyways u will be travelling straight up nizamudin bridge from indiranpuram ... then taking up india gate or ashram whichever u want ... i reckon u will be spending 2 hrs minimum travelling one way during office hours. Its best and an intelligent decison to rent up an accomodation in gurgaon itself and its hep n happenning when compared to indirampuram anyday...

cheers
Old 30th April 2006, 16:05   #4
BHPian

you can go through Noida's DND tolled road and then a left after hyatt and right from rao tula ram marg and then left to gurgaon. also take this same route to come back.
get yourself a silver or gold card for DND, to save time and some money too!

this way you will bypass all the mad rush on nizamuddin bridge (nh24) during office hours.

no need to panic for such a drive. almost every people in NCR travels this much or even more!

but do travel in an AC car with nice music system!
living in your own home has its own charm.

hope it helps.
Old 30th April 2006, 16:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

I suggest you make friends with a good psychiatrist.
On a more serious note, its not such a good idea. On sundays with less rush on roads it takes around 1 hour by car to reach Gurgaon from Noida sector 18 which is right next to DND toll bridge. This is the Mehrauli route which is less congested.
You can pray that the new NH8 flyovers get completed soon, but with that also you will be spending around 40-45 min on the ring road itself.
I would suggest take an apartment on rent in gurgaon and maintail your peace of mind. Till the Qutub Metro link becomes operational it will be a pain staying in indirapuram.

If you have decided to drive every day make sure you start 2 hours in advance during rush hours. Best would be to leave for office by 7:30am and leave by 5 so you beat the rush hour traffic.

Also while going in morning take the ring road(Def col one). While coming back from near Hyatt move towards CP and take the Niz/ITO bridge.
Old 1st May 2006, 08:17   #6
BHPian

get a place to hide at night, in gurgaon itself. even the zombie motorheads on this forum ( if there are any) wont suggest that.
Old 1st May 2006, 09:14   #7
BHPian

You will be spending 3 hrs on the road everyday & burning atleast 8-10 litres of fuel.Im sure you dont wanna do that.

its more sensible to rent a plc here in dlf.

P.S-Most of the buildings in dlf have 100% power backup ,water 24/7.
Old 1st May 2006, 09:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Rishi, why don't you sell your Indirapuram apartment and buy one in Gurgaon? I've been hearing about Indirapuram rates also going through the roof so I'm sure you could get something perhaps on the Gurgaon-Sohna road or Phase V etc etc...will be a lot less stressful than doing I'puram - G'gaon!

We've shifted to Gurgaon a couple of weeks back - very happy because its our own house but also paying a bit of a price in the sense that all our distances (school & offices) have DOUBLED (in fact, mine has gone up to 28 kms each way from 4 kms earlier when we were in GK II). Well, can't have everything in life I guess, so......
Old 1st May 2006, 10:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Even i am shifting to Gurgaon in a couple of months. And that too from south Delhi!
Went to Gurgaon yesterday. The road near the Sahara Mall (MG road?) was very congested. And that too on a Sunday! Imagine the traffic there in office hours.
Old 1st May 2006, 10:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Even i am shifting to Gurgaon in a couple of months. And that too from south Delhi!
Went to Gurgaon yesterday. The road near the Sahara Mall (MG road?) was very congested. And that too on a Sunday! Imagine the traffic there in office hours.
Welcome mate, from another ex-South Delhi-ite. 6 years in GK II and then Gurgaon....but you know what? Its a nice place, particularly if you are in Phase V, away from the crowds.....most things available, good restaurants & pubs so not a bad deal.

Malls are a little crowded on the weekends, don't let that scare you; where is your Office by the way? Sikanderpur is a pain in the evenings between 6.30 & 7.30 if you are returning from Delhi.
Old 1st May 2006, 11:11   #11
BHPian

Hi Rishi,

I too live in Shipra Sun City; and work in Okhla Ph-I, almost half-way through Gurgaon. And trust me the drive is hell. The distance is abt 27 KMs, and it takes me about 70 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the evening. Crossing the Maharanibagh signal during morning takes abt 15-20 mins and even longer in the evening.
People do commute from Indirapuram to Guragaon; but mostly in cabs. Driving yourself for so long will be a pain.

P.S. BTW in which apartments you are? Mine is a Windsor.

\N
Old 1st May 2006, 14:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
where is your Office by the way?
Its adjacent to Maruti Udyog Limited factory... (Hughes)
Can you suggest some good nearby location for rented accomodation?.. i am looking at Maruti Vihar (thats behind Sahara Mall/Vatika)
Old 1st May 2006, 16:45   #13
BANNED

Rishi, HATS OF TO YOU ... thats all I have to say to someone who can do such a journey daily 5-6 days a week !! Either you luv ur job or you luv to drive or you luv ur home in Indrapuram ..lol ....

Simply Amazing ...

Cheers

PS -- As for my advise ..just follow what Suman said ..sell and buy in Gurgaon !!!
Old 1st May 2006, 17:08   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Rishi, HATS OF TO YOU ... thats all I have to say to someone who can do such a journey daily 5-6 days a week !! Either you luv ur job or you luv to drive or you luv ur home in Indrapuram ..lol ....

Simply Amazing ...

Cheers

PS -- As for my advise ..just follow what Suman said ..sell and buy in Gurgaon !!!
I would have given the same reactions probably... but then you know Rishi. In the last one year he has driven from Mumbai to Delhi and back to Mumbai thrice. I guess you guys get the picture. And of course now he has his new Lancer to boot... what say Rishi?

P.S. : In fact Lancer with tectronic shift... right? Haa haa haaaa... you never know what he can do now. He is one crazy motorhead.

Last edited by Zappo : 1st May 2006 at 17:09.
Old 1st May 2006, 18:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer
Hi Rishi,

I too live in Shipra Sun City; and work in Okhla Ph-I, almost half-way through Gurgaon. And trust me the drive is hell. The distance is abt 27 KMs, and it takes me about 70 mins in the morning and 90 mins in the evening. Crossing the Maharanibagh signal during morning takes abt 15-20 mins and even longer in the evening.
People do commute from Indirapuram to Guragaon; but mostly in cabs. Driving yourself for so long will be a pain.

P.S. BTW in which apartments you are? Mine is a Windsor.

\N
Thank you n and everyone for your time and help in relying to my post.

N, I own a regent flat in Shipra, windsor did not existed when i bought.

i guess, let me work on lines of everyone's suggestion to sell of Shipra and take something in phase-V Gurgaon, any help from bhp-ians around would be appreciated.

Thanks again everyone.
Regards, -Rishi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks