Should be raised twice 1 11.11%
Should be raised ten times 2 22.22%
Should be in percentage (1%) with the purchase cost of the vehicle 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2006, 17:09   #1
BHPian

Traffic Fines

going through a lot of topis here we find that there are lot of offendors on the road who just think its their "BAAP" (father's) road.

being good citizens and good drivers we need safer roads where everybody drives with responsibility.

the current fines are very inadequate and need to be revised so that a fine acts as a deterrant rather than a mere formality to pay 100/- rupees.

requesting all of you to pls comment whether the fines should be raised or not and based on what they should be raised.
Old 6th May 2006, 17:13   #2
BHPian

BTW u can check some more info on this on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street....html?posted=1

and

http://www.whiterose.org/michael/blo...es/000498.html

http://www.radioink.com/listingsEntr...publishersnote
Old 6th May 2006, 18:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

I was on my way back from Chennai and was doing around 110 . Very relaxed and suddenly something just swished passed me , it was a cherry red accent crdi . The kamakazi inside me boiled to its latent heat and before I thought of downshifting I heard a violent noise . The road suddenly dip ahead of me . The accent had braked for around 200 mts and it hit a motorcyclist on the back . And the way the car was going after it had braked was really scary . I mean may be he was doing 130 - 140 ....but I dont think he slammed it at that speed . But it was very bad luckily the motorcylist was thrown to the side of the road where it was mushy courtesy ....recent telephone cable repairs..... I feel atleast in CRDI they should offer back Discs at say 20000 extra . I recomend the same for Skoda Oktavia Rider ....brakes are horrible .Not at all good for 160 km + spirited driving.
Old 6th May 2006, 21:37   #4
BHPian

If real traffic regulations have to come thru then the traffic fines must be atleast 10 times of what they are now and also the license should be suspended after a certain number of crimes commited (depending upon what traffic crime one commits)...
Else every is going to think it is their BAAP KA RASTA...
Cheers

Last edited by EVO6 : 6th May 2006 at 21:39.
Old 6th May 2006, 21:44   #5
BHPian

Ha...dont we already pay nuff to Pandus trying to bribe then when they catch us doing something they think is wrong?

As far as the BAAP KA RAJ is concerned...nothing and I mean nothing (except military rule) can ever change it.

Welcome to Indian etiquette and road-manners and civic sense.
Old 6th May 2006, 23:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

raising traffic fine is OK....but Indians including myself have no civic-traffic sense WHILE IN INDIA. same people (incl myself) go abroad and tend to obey the laws. whole system is corrupt here.
Old 7th May 2006, 01:20   #7
BHPian

My advice is these fines should be entered into central server, if any one do repeated traffic crimes they should penalize with more amount, but for this we must have on line access system with all Traffic police. I think they can use mobile phone SMS service to register complaint against driving licence number and same time server can send previous record of that person through SMS along with fine amount, Now dont tell me we can get multiple no of driving licences. Atleast some one should start these kind of activities so that traffic crime rate will reduce.
Old 7th May 2006, 13:08   #8
BHPian

with Sri_009. Unless there is no computerization of records of traffic offenders little can be done about it. Well, an example of my own friend who was summoned to the Thane RTO for a major traffic offence, simply ignored the same and the concerned authorities have not been able to do much about it since the last six months. Well, what do we call this????
Old 7th May 2006, 14:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri_009
My advice is these fines should be entered into central server, if any one do repeated traffic crimes they should penalize with more amount, but for this we must have on line access system with all Traffic police. I think they can use mobile phone SMS service to register complaint against driving licence number and same time server can send previous record of that person through SMS along with fine amount, Now dont tell me we can get multiple no of driving licences. Atleast some one should start these kind of activities so that traffic crime rate will reduce.
I think I read something like this in an eveinger in Mumbai. The Licenses are now going to be issued in a small sim card like chip fitted into a credit card sized holder. All the fines and the reason for it will be entered into the chip on the spot and can be checked if the same person is caught again. Seem like a nice new way - but the MOOT POINT still remains - ARE OUR COPS PROFICIENT ENOUGH TO USE THIS TECHNOLOGY EVEN AFTER TRAINING or will they cooly pocket the bribe and let go of the offender ?

Nothing can change till the Attitude of all the people in this country including US dont change.
Old 7th May 2006, 14:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

As long as the cops are disciplined, no measures are going to make our roads safer. If the licenses, traffic offending incidents etc are going to be computerised, it is the cop that is going to have the last laugh. He has more reasons to scare the offenders.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks