Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2006, 09:55   #1
BHPian

Natural music for sleep???

Guyz i was just browsing online when i hit upon this ..... Gaiam Natural and Classical Music for Sleep. Now i really have lots of problems getting to sleep every night .... and i know many of you have this bad habit too ..... i sleep at around 1 am or 2 am late and wake up mrng 6 am now thats bad .... Now can anybody try to get this music from somewhere to download???
Old 10th May 2006, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try Yanni's instrumentals... you will feel good and sleepy for sure!
Old 10th May 2006, 14:25   #3
BHPian

Hey dude i am not talking about boring stuff which make you sleep .... in that case i cud record my college lecturer's speech and doze off daily ...i mean thiis stuff is some natural therapy kinda thing which causes sleep god alone knows how it works or if it works.
Old 10th May 2006, 16:30   #4
BHPian

Hey Furioussphinx,
Have you ever tried meditation. It can do wonders in getting some sleep. A simple technique would be to just lie down flat on your back in a nice cool room and from the top of your head release your tensions all the way down.
For eg. you focus on your head and try to lighten, then your forehead (remove your frowns or creases), then your cheeks, your nose, your neck, shoulders, back, chest, solar plexus, pubic region, inner thighs, knee, ankles, foot, one by one, think of each body part and loosen it. Keep your eyes closed in the process.
Once you are relaxed, you can either chant a mantra that you regularly pray everyday, or just count from 1 to 100, very slowly in your mind, you should automatically go off to sleep then on a particular number. You can use Reiki music in the background, or a sounds of nature CD, or just noise coming from a blank radio station very softly, but I would not recommend using music as your mind then programs itself to sleep only to that tune and not otherwise. Try and use as little aid from outside to program your mind. This applies for anything in life.

Here's to good sleep,
Burjis
Old 10th May 2006, 17:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx
Hey dude i am not talking about boring stuff which make you sleep .... in that case i cud record my college lecturer's speech and doze off daily ...i mean thiis stuff is some natural therapy kinda thing which causes sleep god alone knows how it works or if it works.

Hey who said Yanni's music is boring. No, its actually soothing. Tracks like Nightingale, Tribute, Highland.. they induce a sense of well being and general good feeling. I have personally found it to be a good sleep inducer.

Or as Burjis said, you could try Meditation as well. The procedure he described is called "Shavasana". But then, you need practice and patience.
Old 10th May 2006, 18:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

do you sleep in a quiet room with occasional noise from outside.

for sleep, the music, it may distract you too. the best is white noise.

try keeping a small noisy fan near ur bed, which blanks out other noises (make sure it doesn't make u cold though). it works like charm for sleep. i had truble with fire engines ' siren in new york. and this solution never failed.

if u r specifically looking for music, then it's a different story.
Old 10th May 2006, 19:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

http://www.purewhitenoise.com/usewhitenoise.html
Old 11th May 2006, 03:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

yaar, itna kya sochna, 4 peg down and neend apne aap aa jayegi!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks