Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2004, 13:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

hey,

i read in some review that some of the stunts and chases are quite good !!!!

wow , the reviewer must be one cool kid !!

cheers
Old 10th August 2004, 14:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

Taarzaan......woohooo......Wherez Jane in the movie?
I guess our Sundays wit Mowgli n gang were much better....

Now on2 Dhoom.The movie`s gonna be a real blast.The promos look promising.A friend of mine happens to be the asst. director of the movie.And the rest of the gang are Johns real biker group who rip across town every now n then.
As for John`s HayaBusa......my bro helped him to get his bike.

Psssst : He`s plannin on adding a Harley to his collection next.

Keep Rockin!
Old 10th August 2004, 14:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dhoom Bikes.....

Old 11th August 2004, 17:51   #19
BHPian

john's got a black busa from the same pune dealer, he's a nice bloke, very approachable & really loves bikes...
Old 11th August 2004, 18:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys...jus checked out Torque.......not a great movie(like 'The Fast And The Furious'). Doesn't quite live upto the expectations as they lose the plot towards the end of the movie and do crazy insane 'Taarzan'ish stuffs.
Old 15th August 2004, 11:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ Aug. 11 2004,17:22)]Guys...jus checked out Torque.......not a great movie(like 'The Fast And The Furious'). Doesn't quite live upto the expectations as they lose the plot towards the end of the movie and do crazy insane 'Taarzan'ish stuffs.
Ditto.....but how did they lose the plot in the end??/ Therez no basic sense in the movie itself.......All Wannabez huh!!
Old 15th August 2004, 12:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Aug. 15 2004,09:51)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ Aug. 11 2004,17:22)]Guys...jus checked out Torque.......not a great movie(like 'The Fast And The Furious'). Doesn't quite live upto the expectations as they lose the plot towards the end of the movie and do crazy insane 'Taarzan'ish stuffs.
Ditto.....but how did they lose the plot in the end??/ Therez no basic sense in the movie itself.......All Wannabez huh!!
What i meant was it loses a sense of realism......too much of computer graphics, and some wild impossible stunts.
Old 15th August 2004, 12:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ Aug. 15 2004,10:50)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Aug. 15 2004,09:51)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
What i meant was it loses a sense of realism......too much of computer graphics, and some wild impossible stunts.
True....Too mucha graphixx spoil the show.....I guess it was more like a display of Bikes....Just like 2F2F was a display of cars.
Old 15th August 2004, 17:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, i watched Tarzan last week ""NO.......i didn't go to a theatre"".

Here's how i rate it.

Stunts - I've seen better stunts on Cartoon Network. Usually when a car enters water, shouldn't the wheels collapse into the car and a set of propellers pop out?? Don't think i saw anything like this happen. Rating - 1.5/5

Story - like i've said before, it's been taken from the movie "The Wraith". Guy gets killed by bad guys and then he comes back "in the form of the car" to take revenge. Only difference was that in the Wraith, the car came on it's own, but here, it's been made to look more realistic since the kid builds it himself and then his fathers soul takes over. Rating - 2.5/5

Passion - This is one bit that i liked about the movie. The kid is shown to have a lot of passion for his fathers old vintage which he finds, catching rust in a garage. His eagerness to obtian that car at any cost and to make it better than it was before, is worth being appreciated. Rating - 5/5

The car - i have to admit, it does look good. But yes, there are few things, the car could have done without. For example the bars that connect the front section of the car from the rear. I found the wheel base a bit too long. Rating - 3.5/5

Songs - Don't even think of geting me started on that.......

Verdict - The reaction says it all, the other day when i went back to return the CD, i asked the CD guy "who is a hardcore bollywood fan" what he felt about the movie, he said that the story line was good but the stunts were not upto the mark. He gave it a thumbs down.

The movie doesn't seem to have a fixed set of emotions. What i mean to say is that, just when you start to think that the movie is gonna turn serious, they add this wierd, funny tune in the background.........that too, when the bad guy is being tortured and killed by the car.

The Wraith in comparison, had a stern note to it's story, ofcourse there were a few relaxed moments, but not when the car was involved.

It's a good family movie and kids will surely enjoy it.

As for us car guys, there is life beyond Bollywood, so why hang around. *

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 15th August 2004, 21:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good write up Shan2nu!! Will catch up on this movie.
I almost rented it....but, i chose Shrek 2 instead!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks