Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2013, 18:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

The Online Indian Movie viewing thread

Mods,

There is no such thread - I want this to be about users of websites such as erosnow.com that promise to be the netflix of Indian cinema but aren't there yet!

http://www.erosnow.com/ has a limited selection of hindi movies.

Can others post their experiences of using such sites, share their feedback on usage, speeds, video quality, app experience etc
Old 22nd May 2013, 18:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Online Indian Movie viewing thread

Hi phamilyman,

You can find quite a lot of Hindi and other regional cinemas on YouTube.com . I have been using it frequently for the last couple of weeks and the video/audio quality is very good. It depends a lot on your internet connection speed though. I have been watching movie in my iPhone/Laptop on wifi without any buffering. Important of all, its free.

I guess you must be knowing about this, in which case just ignore my post.
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey but i want to see the latest movies - you only get old ones on youtube :(

thanks all the same!
Old 24th May 2013, 11:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

I was under the impression YouTube has started a service, but couldn't find it. Ran across this though : http://www.youtube.com/shemaroomovies

If you have a Google device, check out: Play store Movies

cya
R
Old 24th May 2013, 13:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Mods,

There is no such thread - I want this to be about users of websites such as erosnow.com that promise to be the netflix of Indian cinema but aren't there yet!

http://www.erosnow.com/ has a limited selection of hindi movies.

Can others post their experiences of using such sites, share their feedback on usage, speeds, video quality, app experience etc
This is interesting.
BigFlix, youtube etc are already offering old releases online. Saw that Go Goa Gone is available online on erosnow for rent at $1.99. I have a few queries-
Does it work for India(given the prices in Dollars)?
Do you or anyone have first hand experience on how it works and if it works?

On a related but offtopic note I must say that this(online/DTH release of movies) needs to pick up fast in order to save Indian movie viewers from the extortion that multiplexes are are resorting to. There was a time when airports were notorious for selling stuff at ultra expensive rates, I think they have long been replaced by modern day multiplexes. It will also stop arm twisting of producers by screen owners as recently happened with Vishwaroopam. Viewers shouldn't be forced to watch new releases in theaters given the fact that people now a days can afford excellent home theater systems. Screen owners are clinging on to this old practice( of not allowing DVD etc to release on Day 1) just to save their bread and butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I was under the impression YouTube has started a service, but couldn't find it.

cya
R
youtube store link

http://www.youtube.com/user/YouTubeMoviesIN

Last edited by huntrz : 24th May 2013 at 13:32.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:20   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

YouTube does have new movies also but mostly pirated versions I guess as not all prints(video/audio) quality are good. Do check them out once.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Check this, they have newer movies: http://spuul.com/
Old 25th May 2013, 00:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys - i will check one of them out for sure - but no one is clearly ahead.
Old 25th May 2013, 19:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I was under the impression YouTube has started a service, but couldn't find it. Ran across this though : http://www.Youtube.com/shemaroomovies

If you have a Google device, check out: Play store Movies

cya
R
For older era movies you can also browse rajshri production channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshri

have watched some of them, original print, no charge.
Old 28th May 2013, 21:09   #10
Senior - BHPian

I paid $2 for Go Goa Gone on erosnow. watched in HD. First half my net connection supported me - the second half had buffering happen atleast ten times towards the end. Or maybe more guests logged on in the hotel where I am currently staying!

I will use them again. Simple, straightforward - though i haven't gotten a receipt email. I am now thinking maybe using paypal would've been better. But let's see.
Old 15th June 2013, 23:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

I now watched a movie for free on spuul. Must say, if this is their speed, I would definitely will not pay for their services- they are far slower than regular youtube or even hulu/netflix via VPN. erosnow speeds were good enough in HD even!
Old 14th April 2014, 15:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Netflix sharing thread

Hello guys!

I've been using Netflix for some months now and used to share the price of ($7.99) with a friend. This is allowed in Netflix since I can create profiles for myself and friends - some users are allowed up to 4 such profiles. But AFAIK, I couldn't add more than 2 user profiles who could watch their own selections on different devices at the same time. As in, even if I created 4 different profiles - profile3 and profile4 couldn't watch their own selections on separate devices.

My friend dropped out of the plan since he thought it wasn't worth continuing with Netflix simply because of the added payment of having to pay for a DNS service - since Netflix isn't in India yet. What we were doing was using Unlocator - which was free at that time. This has become a paid DNS service now.

Now my question is - is anyone already sharing their Netflix connection with someone with such profiles or is anyone looking to share with me? I'd love to continue using Netflix - love watching it on my computer or allow it to stream on my Bluray player.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks