Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2006, 04:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tiff claims C6Z06 is better than 599 GTB - WOW!!

Now thats something..waiting for it to be put up on finalgear..but someone in london told me who watched the show today...i cant wait to download it...

He enjoyed it, although he said that feedback through the wheel was lacking, and directional change was nothing up to the F430's standard.

At the conclusion he asked himself if he would want one. Surprisingly, the answer was no. He said that it fell at the final hurdle. "On the track, the Z06 is more fun."

He also said that he'd prefer the F430 to the 599GTB. But for him to prefer the £60k Z to the £170k 599 (how much is it in the US?) is quite something!
Old 30th May 2006, 07:27   #2
BHPian

Hmm....its almost what Jeremy Clarkson has to say on Top Gear too :-)

according to him, i quote:- " The best thing about this car is its price. But, the price difference between the ferrari 575 and this is because the ferrari works both on track and on the road, but, the Z06 works only on a track. The ride is rubbish, the gear box is from a tractor......."

and heres the clincher:- " As something to live with everyday, I'd rather have Bird Flu! "

But, Jeremy reckons also, that the 599 would not be any faster than the Z06, and that he is "absolutely stunned" by the corvette.
Old 30th May 2006, 11:20   #3
BHPian

The corvette Z06 is getting rave reviews from both top gear and fifth gear. In last week episode of fifth gear tiff rode te Z06 that made him change this opinion of american cars. And the way he drove it on the track wow, he was power sliding it..The Z06 is one bad *** machine.....

@1Day- ur corvette looks awesome with the stripes and tint

Last edited by spdfreak : 30th May 2006 at 11:24.
Old 30th May 2006, 23:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

the Z06 is sure getting rave reviews from everywhere and i cant imagine what would happen to the media when the Corvette SS comes out..

Anyhow, I think tiff is a much better judge of cars and knows how to drive and evaluate much better than JC. I think JC is quite funny but moronic at times, Most of the time i really dont agree with his evaluations of the negative but he surely over exaggerates his points by making sily comments like the bird flu, infact the vette is soo easily to drive thats its not even funny..as for the tranny well i can agree it need some pushing at times, but man you have to be driving it like a whimp to have to push hard..when i am pushing the car is works just fine...

as for the road feel, well UK guys really ought to imporve their road system, cuz it sucks, here i think my Z51(sports suspension) works wonders on rough roads(there are quite afew in chicago)...

as for the interior, it is a world of a difference between this gen and last, but its still lacking, well thats the point its suppose to be light, affordable and super quick..

well performance in this car speaks for its self..JC really couldnt find anything wrong with the car thats y he had to come up with stupid excuses that it works on track and not off, well vette is one of the most drivable cars making it the most drivable supercar probably after an SLR which is luxury laiden and weighs about 800 pounds more than the Z06

Last edited by 1Day : 30th May 2006 at 23:17.
Old 31st May 2006, 13:10   #5
BHPian

I'm not surprised by the news, considering the fact that the new Z06 is based on their C6R Race car for LeMans this season.
Old 31st May 2006, 17:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well 1Day I agree with you on many counts about the Z06 & JC too but I think his reasoning about on-road drivability has some merit too. Consider this:

1. On narrow bylanes which are very common on the UK road system the width of the Z06 & the fact that it is LHD combine to provide a difficult driving experience. The roads are barely wide enough for two normal cars and driving a substantially more wider car can prove to be difficult. I doubt you woild be really able to find that narrow roads in the US even if you tried.

2. I am sure most of us would not like to be behind the wheel of a Z06 in rainy weather. If from what I have seen & read about its power & the resulting powerslides I am sure it will be quite a handful to drive in rainy weather. And I am sure you know about the state of the English weather

3. About the interiors yes as you say they are still some way off the European machines but consider this the Z06 sells for about 65,000GBP in Britain and that is a lot of money for a car there. Agreed that no car in that range has the performance to match the Z06 but the Europeans have been used to much better quality interiors in cars way cheaper than the Z06 and that is why they complain about it.

4. About the state of the roads in UK you know as well as everyone else that there's not really much that people can do about the roads and that's true no just for India but UK & the US too. If you want an example have a look at the state of the roads in New York if you compare it to places with good roads like Germany it's pathetic.

But anyways I agree with you the Z06's performance is phenomenal, the price is shocking and it is a truly great VFM product. Let me put it this way I wouldn't mind having one in my garage if it was RHD and if I had the money of course!!

P.S. I also think you car looks absolutely fantastic Keep up the good work!
Old 1st June 2006, 09:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

The funny thing is, the previous gen ( the C5) Z06 had the same kinda performance relative to its European rivals then, but none of the UK people really acknowledged its ability, preferring to rave about the Viper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks