Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2004, 03:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ever wondered how much would subscriptions to a foreign mag cost you? You thought upwards of 5grand for a 1-2 year subscription right? Well, what if i told you, you could get 2 magazines for half that rate?

Well Road & Track and Car & Driver are two of the best car mags available off any shelf. And they are available at a price that is very competitive. How does $30 or Rs. 1350 approx (each) for two years sound to you? Pretty much up your lane right.

Grab your copies here

Road and Track subscription form

Car and Driver subscription form

Revv
Old 10th September 2004, 08:15   #2
BHPian

hey rev, u sure this site is safe? cant belive the offer, want to make sure before i provide CC detials
Old 10th September 2004, 11:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am very finnicky about giving my credit card number out to sites I dont trust. Rtechs option of directly subscribing through the magazines website is great. $20 per year

GTO
Old 10th September 2004, 12:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Yup, I have been subscribing to Car and Driver for some time now. Signed up online. The good thing is that these magazines are deliveed by a courier company, not the regualr post as it was done a few years ago. In those days, I used to get maybe 6 issues a year coz the mailman used to steal em! Now I get my mag every month.

Rt
Old 10th September 2004, 12:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

wanted to take the offer, but dad didnt want to use his credit card,now searching for some one who will, lets see
Old 10th September 2004, 12:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey aadix, I'm sure you can send a pay order or something if you want to subscribe. You don't have to pay by card!

BTW, since we are on the topic of credit cards, why is it that when we go to a restaurant, we don't think twice about handing over our CC to the waiter. If he wanted to, all he needs to do is note down the number and the expiry date and he could make all sorts of payments online.

I remember watching Click Online on BBC where this point came up. They say that it is actually safer to give your card details on a secure website than it is to the waiter in a restaurant. The main thing here is to ensure that the site you are typing on is a secure sight, and the company you are making the payment too is a trusted one.

Rt

Old 10th September 2004, 15:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey people

The link is directly off the road&track and car&driver website. All i did was click on subscriptions and these are the webpages they gave. So these are completely endorsed by the magazines, no worry there!

Revv
Old 10th September 2004, 21:15   #8
BHPian

Hey man to tell u frankly I cant even think of giving any one my credit card no
its risky man sorry its just how I feel
Old 10th September 2004, 22:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Sep. 10 2004,10:12)]I am very finnicky about giving my credit card number out to sites I dont trust. Rtechs option of directly subscribing through the magazines website is great. $20 per year

GTO
Old 11th September 2004, 14:09   #10
BHPian

when someone orders from these links and gets their first magazine, please post up here, i'll sign in, until then...
Old 11th September 2004, 15:25   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Godspeed @ Sep. 11 2004,12:39)]when someone orders from these links and gets their first magazine, please post up here, i'll sign in, until then...
erm...I thought I mentioned in my post that I did sign up from here and i have been getting my magazines regularly!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks