Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:22   #1
BHPian

Kudos to Shell outlet @ Basavanagar, Bangalore

Last saturday, I had been to the Shell outlet in Basavanagar, off old airport road and after filling fuel, requested for a rear windscreen wash & wipe. I was in for a surprise when the staff informed me that they only clean the front windscreen and not the rear glass!

I found this ridiculous as I have got both the front and rear glasses cleaned from HP and Shell outlets earlier. When I questioned their logic, they simply said it was a instruction from the company to clean only the front glasses and not the rear. When I asked them to show me the circular, they flatly refused and added saying it was none of my business.

Today I wrote a mail to the customer service wing ('generalpublicenquiries-in@shell.com') explaining the situation and requesting them to share more details on the circular (that said rear glass cleaning is not carried out)! To my surprise, I got a call from one Mr Somanna who took complete ownership of the issue and apologized for the incident and said they have no such instruction from Shell and that has initiated action action the responsible staff.

I do not favor toning down employees for mistakes. However it makes all sense for the management to put a corrective action in place so that employees understand how important it is to learn from their mistakes and ensure it is not repeated!

A sincere thanks to Shell and to Mr Somanna for addressing the issue promptly and ensuring to work on the feedback with all seriousness!

Below transcript of the mail I received!
__________________________________________________ _______________
Dear Mr.Vinair,

Greetings of the day.

On the outset I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that you had to go through during your recent visit to our fuel station at vibuthipura.
We do offer front wind screen cleaning to all customers,which is a part of our customer service,rear windscreen cleaning will be done on customer request.
I do agree that in your case you were not offered the service even on your request which is quite saddening.
Its our endeavor to provide excellent customer service to all customer visiting our outlet,but sometimes there are gaps which we try to close with the help of feedbacks from valued customers like you.
I once again apologise for not being able to deliver the quality service to you during your visit to the fuel station.
I assure that this matter will be taken seriously, and acted upon.
Please do drop into our outlet and continue fueling with shell.
Assuring you the best of the services.

Thanks and regards,

Somanna
__________________________________________________ _______________

Last edited by vinair : 23rd September 2013 at 16:26.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:53   #2
BHPian

re: Kudos to Shell outlet @ Basavanagar, Bangalore

Good to hear that.I normally go with the Shell outlet on Bannaergatta Road and they offer to the clean the windscreens which I normally oblige to
Nice of them to actually reach out to the end customer and assure us.Will continue with Shell!
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Kudos to Shell outlet @ Basavanagar, Bangalore

Do all shell outlets (in Bangalore) offer this windscreen cleaning service? Do I have to ask for it? And what are the charges ? I occasionally fill up from Shell Whitefield but have never availed of this kind of service.
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Do all shell outlets (in Bangalore) offer this windscreen cleaning service? Do I have to ask for it? And what are the charges ? I occasionally fill up from Shell Whitefield but have never availed of this kind of service.
Its free. However I ask them to clean when its genuinely dirty; wouldn't bother them on just a dusty windscreen. I asked them to clean the rear windscreen once; it was opaque after a 500KM drive in the rain. They obliged and cleaned it thoroughly. This was at Shell Kanakpura road near NICE entry.
Old 24th September 2013, 01:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Its free. However I ask them to clean when its genuinely dirty; wouldn't bother them on just a dusty windscreen. I asked them to clean the rear windscreen once; it was opaque after a 500KM drive in the rain. They obliged and cleaned it thoroughly. This was at Shell Kanakpura road near NICE entry.
Absolutely, I too clean the glasses myself and its very rarely I ask the guys at the fuel station to clean it, I somehow feel they do not do it properly.

However, on the day of this incident, it was kind of drizzling which kicked up a lot of muck and the rear glass needed a wash and wipe very badly.

It not just at Shell, I have seen similar service at HP fuel stations too.
Old 24th September 2013, 01:56   #6
BHPian

Well, Shell do take care of their customers.

About 2 years back when Shell was running an offer for a miniature Ferrari for every tankful - Rs. 1500 or more, I once topped up and it billed up to about Rs. 1470 even with top ups after auto cutoff. I expected a Ferrari to be given to me (I was a kid back then) but the station manager refused. I was heart broken and wrote to Shell about this. Got a quick response asking me to collect my Ferrari in the next visit. Despite of the offer being officially over, I got 2 Ferraris on my next visit i.e. the pending one and one for the current top up, hence completing my collection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks