Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Honesty of Mumbaikars - Lost Wallet Test

Proud to be a Mumbaikar!

Reminds me of a day when I hadnt locked my Pulsar's dicky properly and it sprang open in the middle of highway without me noticing it. My Insurance paper, Xerox of RC book and PUC were gone till the time I noticed it. 8 Days later I got a courier which had all these documents safe and intact.
Old 27th September 2013, 15:17   #17
BHPian

Even BEST conductors are quite upright1

An incident which occured to me during the college days!

While travelling on a BEST bus from Dadar to Worli, I dropped my wallet in the bus. Very next day We get a call on our home number from the Wadala depot of the BEST asking us to come and collect the wallet which was handed over to the depot by an upright Conductor.

The next day I go to the Wadala depot and what i find is there is a huge 'Lost & Found' department operated by BEST and there were all kind of things imaginable stored there, awaiting their rightful owners. From wallets to umbrellas to Laptops (crates full of these), all things honestly deposited by the BEST staffers found forgotten or dropped on their buses.
I was asked for an identification card + fined 20 INR (with receipt, no palm greasings)and returned the wallet.

My wallet had about 350/400 INR, college ID, Railway pass. Needless to say all docs intact + money intact.

Kudos to BEST. Bombay rocks
Old 27th September 2013, 15:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

No surprises here, i can vouch for people returning valuables in Bombay. I have myself returned 2 mobiles. I have also once returned a mobile when i was in Bangalore. Completely agree with honest taxi, rickshaw walas. You will always get your rightful change even if it is a mere 1-2 rupee from a AutoRickshaw / Taxi wala. You dont even have to ask. Cant say the same about Bangalore though, i had routinely autowallas not return Rs5 change and having the cheek to say " Jaane do sir, 5 rupees toh hai ".

Last edited by heavy_foot : 27th September 2013 at 15:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks