Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 10:36   #1
BANNED

Automatic parking

I saw a picture in today's Times of India (B'lore edition). The max automation I have seen are duplex parking lots in Germany. This one seems real fancy. I wonder how it would work during power outage.

Has anyone used automatic parking with a central feeder system? How does it work?
-Prasadee
Old 20th June 2006, 14:33   #2
BHPian

No Prasadee, I haven't seen this automatic parking system anywhere. I doubt that it will work in India - especially considering power cuts and the high costs. I think it is just a too-futuristic-for-India idea.
Old 20th June 2006, 16:01   #3
BHPian

saw it in dubai in at nasir square ... was called the robo something ..
Old 20th June 2006, 17:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Doesnt shopper stop in bandra have something like this? You park your car into the slot and the slot moves up down sideways. I think there are 3 levels of parking at that place.

Drifter
Old 21st June 2006, 12:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Even Kamala Mills has it. And so does a residential building at Worli.

X
Old 21st June 2006, 13:23   #6
BHPian

This will not work out in Bangalore. The population in Bangalore has increased like anything. It will be very difficult to maintain this kind of automatic system in Bangalore even if they have one.
Old 21st June 2006, 13:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This will not work out in Bangalore. The population in Bangalore has increased like anything. It will be very difficult to maintain this kind of automatic system in Bangalore even if they have one.
Nothing is too late. If it's working elsewhere in India it'll work in Bangalore also. It's the attitude of people that has to change - that is simply pushing off an idea without even trying it saying it wouldn't work. And because the population and vehicle traffic is increasing in banglore we need a system like this because these automated systems can make efficient use of the existing space available. Saves a hell lot of time too for busy commuters, shoppers, officegoers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks