Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 21:58   #1
BHPian

my HEALTH and my WHEELS !

hey guys ,

hope all of you are doing good !!

dont know if this should be a thread but dint see anything on the forum regardin health problems faced by bikers . . .

i feel this is quite important as i myself am experiencing some problems . .

so please use this thread to mention your problems ( if any !) . Pls do not forget to mention the type of bike you ride , your posture and your problem specifically !!

thanking all of you
jake

Last edited by jakesride : 22nd June 2006 at 22:00.
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:01   #2
BHPian

hey guys ,

I ride an avenger with stock settings , as far as the seating and handlebar is concerned . .
1 reason i got a cruiser is because of the relaxed seating . .
but now , i dont see it doing me much good

my problems are

i used to sit way up in front near the fuel tank and relax my back towards the rest of the seating . . but then had to give up that posture as i started getting back pain . .

after that , i started sitting in the regular posture ( seat myself towards the end of the seat- - - towards the back - - and stretch my arms completely to grab the handlebars ). . . this is what i still do . . .but unfortunately , now i have problems even when riding for like 15-20kms at a stretch . . the main problem is my neck which starts aching very badly , so much that i have to stop the bike and rotate it ( my neck ! )a couple times . My back also starts hurting .

That said , i think the handle bars ( though stock ) dont go well with my posture . . wot do you all think ? im 6 feet tall . . and i was thinking of going for higher wider bars , as i think my problems will decrease . .

please let me know your suggestions . .

thanking you all in advance . .
keep it real
jake
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

some bikes really have a bad posture while many bikes are good according to the body styles.

I found my LML adreno to be a much better and comfortable bike than Pulsar 180.

As far as your Requirements go. Are you an average height person? What solution is perfect Depends on your height is my guess.
Old 23rd June 2006, 12:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Even I used to get back pains with my P180 but none on the ZMA may be as pointed becasue of the longer handle.
I dont know how relevant this information would be but the moment I started having morning walks my back pain vanished. May be the key is that we should get some exercise

Btw I think You are quite tall for the Avenger, also somehow I have always felt that due to their low seating, cruisers are not good for Indian potholed roads as the jerks gets transeferred very easily to your back. The Enticer, Eliminator & the Avenger have good confy seats but the suspensions aren't that good.
Old 23rd June 2006, 17:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
As far as your Requirements go. Are you an average height person? What solution is perfect Depends on your height is my guess.
@devarshi84 , hey man ! , like i said before , i am all of 6 feet !
Old 23rd June 2006, 18:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat

Btw I think You are quite tall for the Avenger, also somehow I have always felt that due to their low seating, cruisers are not good for Indian potholed roads as the jerks gets transeferred very easily to your back. The Enticer, Eliminator & the Avenger have good confy seats but the suspensions aren't that good.
hey man , i cant help being tall , now can i ??
i love cruisers , cant help dat either . .

now , i was really condsidering putting in higher and wider bars . . i feel this would give my poor back a break as i would be able to reain my original posture and would not have to stretch my arms all the way to grab the bars . . . .

what do you all think ???
kindly give your suggestions .
my back is KILLING me . . . please help !!

thanks a bunch
later
jake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks