Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 09:08   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Paul Walker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Well done Porsche. Let's not give this Paul Walker any more attention than this guy deserves. A soldier dies for his country and nobody gives a flying expletive. Some movie actor dies and the world is crying a river's worth of tears. Cheap, over the top, crass movies that glamorize reckless driving, crime, and over all indecent behavior.

I remember when I was in California, USA once. A lot of the kids there used to street race on public roads when the first movie came out, I can't believe some people actually think the movie material is good enough to inspire their real life behavior. I still can't believe making a movie of a couple of gun toting middle aged guys driving cheap, leaf spring suspension cars became a super hit franchise. The success of this movie is more or less a reflection of society's maturity level.
Agree but this goes out to his disillusioned fans and not Walker himself. I am told that he was a pretty good guy in real life.
Old 16th October 2016, 15:59   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ironically, Paul Walker's dream car was the Carrera GT :(

Old 7th November 2016, 08:58   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Came across this excellent article that puts the blame on the 9 year old tyres!

Definitely convincing. Full article:

Quote:
“Just once around the block.”

Once around the block was all it took to kill them both. The 3,500 mile Carrera GT was shod with its original tires. They, like the car attached to them, were 9 years old.

Roger lost control of the Carrera GT at an estimated 90 mph, and hit a tree.

The mainstream media, and indeed many automotive-focused web sites, simply couldn’t wait to report on the irony of the situation, that someone known for playing a character who drives crazy is killed in a supercar doing double the speed limit in an office park.

I was distraught the first couple of days, but honestly, all I could think about was how the crash happened, and I just kept going back to that day at Spring Mountain. This was a super low-mileage car. Roger was a really good driver. There were no other cars around or last-minute obstacles to avoid. It had to have been on original tires.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks