Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2006, 19:14   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience with a Hutch touchscreen kiosk

Hi Guys,

For the first time in my life, I went to recharge a hutch prepaid phone.
I was walking to the shop, when i noticed a pretty girl in the Barista near my house. Then i suddenly saw a hutch machine (looked like an ATM) inside and someone wearing a Hutch teeshirt.

Needless to say i walked in.

I told him i wanted to recharge my phone, he said ok wait. He tried some stuff. (The machine said self-service, but he was employed to operate this machine, typical)
After he tried for a while, it wasn't working he asked me to wait, take a seat. So I sat, but i didn't feel like having a coffe, i wanted to see what he was upto.
He restarted the machine (8 mins) then tried. It seemed to work this time. Then he took my number, entered it in the machine and said "you must have recd an sms with a password, give it to me"
Well, i didn't recieve any sms so i waited. (2 mins more) then he tried again, all over again. Then said check. Nothing.

Like this i wasted 20 minutes of my time. Finally I got mad and walked out and just next to the barista, was a little mobile shop, with recharges, mobile accessories etc etc.
I went and said the same thing. He took my number, fiddled with his own phone (I guess he sent a message to hutch) and within 10 seconds i recd an sms that said your phone has been charged by X amount, please pay the retailer. I did and walked out in less than a minute.

Just thought I'd save you guys some trouble if you are thinking of trying the infernal "self-service" machine.

Cheers
Old 28th June 2006, 20:12   #2
BHPian

Never seen that self-service thingy anywhr in my vicinity, will give it a shot wen i see it though
Old 28th June 2006, 20:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I was walking to the shop, when i noticed a pretty girl in the Barista near my house. Then i suddenly saw a hutch machine (looked like an ATM) inside and someone wearing a Hutch teeshirt.
What exactly was your point here Sam!!

And yeah I have tried to use those new-fangled machines twice to deposit cash in my account and they are absolute excreta. They don't accept 1,000rs. notes, they return the notes that you insert half the time since they can't be read properly and at times (this happened to the chap infront of me in the queue) they take more notes and display less in the display (the guy inserted 6 but the machine said 4). It was horrible and there was a security guard there to operate the machine who wasn't really any help. So I walked out without depositing any money.

I mean what was wrong with the poor old Cash counter that forced these buggers to introduce these POS's. They probably are made for notes used in Foreign countries where people unlike India don't write on them or make post-it notes out of them. The experience second time around prompted a very rude and a nasty call to Hutch Care and I told them in no uncertain terms that these machines are a pain in the you know where!

Hope they learn a lesson and go back to good old method of girls taking cash!! Behind counters that is!!
Old 28th June 2006, 22:50   #4
DRC
BHPian

"touch screen kiosk" is redundant...
in general Hutch is like that..Atleast in Bangalore
Old 29th June 2006, 08:58   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
For the first time in my life, I went to recharge a hutch prepaid phone.
Sam, The buttons were on the machine!
Old 29th June 2006, 09:37   #6
BANNED

Sam, a bit of advice.. God helps those who help themselves.. so next time.. DO NOT go to these places.
Same thing with Airtel at Flora Fountain.. there's a 'self service' kiosk with a security officer cum machine operator... takes you about 10 minutes to deposit your cash to pay the bill.. all done by the security guy naturally.. ALL A WASTE OF TIME!
I wonder what these company guy's are thinking when they set up these places... do they think we are so stupid that we can't follow on screen instructions?
What next.. ATM ASSISTANTS.. thats all we need.. someone else entering our ATM passwords for us!

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th June 2006 at 13:35.
Old 29th June 2006, 09:45   #7
BHPian

on the contratry i find these helpful. i hve been using the hutch kiosk for sometime now and it works impeccable.
Old 29th June 2006, 10:06   #8
BHPian

i still dont understand how the girl fits into this story here!
Old 29th June 2006, 12:54   #9
BHPian

three words !! ->>>> "Direct Debit "
Old 29th June 2006, 13:23   #10
BANNED

Um... monkey.. thats TWO WORDS!!
Old 29th June 2006, 18:20   #11
BHPian

dude, the girl is the reason that our Sammy saw the kiosk in the first place!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks