Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2006, 13:16   #1

Front Bumper Of My Swift!!!!!

I have a swift Vxi which is tamato red in colour.
I am noticing a colour variation on the front bumber!
when the car was given for its 1st servicin few days back the maruti guy told me that these differences occur on dark coloured cars and that there is always a colour difference on the fiber body and the metal body.Is this true.Pls help me on this
There is a noticable diffence between the left part and the right part of the bumper??
What should i do??

NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Avoid posting all post in bold text.

Last edited by adya33 : 29th June 2006 at 16:53.
Old 29th June 2006, 13:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that is true. I think your service center guy is taking you for a ride

One possible explanation could be that your cars bumper was changed by the sowroom guys . Possible reasons: they dented your bumper and replaced it with that of another car. The only reasn you will have a difference in shade is if your car stands for long spells in the sun and that too after a few years.
Old 29th June 2006, 15:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Typically FRP parts (fibre parts) like bumpers, wheel arches, door handles etc - or basically nonmetal parts, dont display the same texture and finish of any paint on them compared to metal objects.

So, if u've noticed all FRP part like a bumper being slightly and equally off-color, then thats OK. But, if u notice differences in shades/textures etc across the same FRP part, then you've got a classic case of repainting/ replacement on that part
Old 29th June 2006, 15:50   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSXX
I have a swift Vxi which is tamato red in colour.
I am noticing a colour variation on the front bumber!
when the car was given for its 1st servicin few days back the maruti guy told me that these differences occur on dark coloured cars and that there is always a colour difference on the fiber body and the metal body.Is this true.Pls help me on this
There is a noticable diffence between the left part and the right part of the bumper??
What should i do??
I am very sure they have repainted your bumper. Please talk to the Manager of that servicestation.

In my car, the bumper is little light in color (Pearl Silver) which is same change throughout the bumper. This is due to the material difference (Fiber part). But in your case if the part of bumper is gone bad, somethign is really fishy check that out.
Old 29th June 2006, 16:47   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Paint variations dont occur in new cars !!!!!! 1st servicing and ur paint changes oh come on !! Sit on their heads and get urself a new bumper or somthing
Old 29th June 2006, 17:20   #6
BHPian

Hey Dude I too own a tamato red colour swift no diff in the pait job dude get on their case man dont leave them man !!!!!
Old 29th June 2006, 17:55   #7

ok!!
thats all
im gonna screw that dealer.
i think i should ask for a replacement of the bumper!!!!
Old 29th June 2006, 18:02   #8
BHPian

Start by asking a new car, they will replace the bumper for sure
Old 29th June 2006, 19:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

Another possible reason could be the light shade. Once I really got confused when I saw two red swifts standing perpendicular to each other. For me it appeared to be two different colors. I changed my view position and found it to be of same (almost).

Also once felt the fender and the bonnet in different colors (red color car) & the same thing, adjusted the view position and that gave me a different perception on color shades

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks