Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2006, 01:07   #1
BHPian

Asianet Dataline Internet

Hi there,

For all in Trivandrum.

Please let me know what your level of satisfaction is regarding the current quality of service provided by this company.

I have been a customer of this compay for the last 4 years, and their service has gotten worse over time, to the extent that I am hardly even able to access the internet now.

I am considering filing a case with the Consumer Forum.

If you are interested in joining the issue, please PM me.

NPP

Mods: I apologise if this message in any way conflicts with the spirit of this wonderful board.
Old 3rd July 2006, 05:59   #2
BHPian

I'm using BSNL Dataone. No issues with it. Even when i used Asianet over an year ago , I didn't have any problems. I have not even heard any friend complain about this.
BTW, haven't they increased the speed of the connection??? That was what they advertised (384kbps or something).
Anyways all the best!
Old 3rd July 2006, 06:36   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am not happy with their connectivity. The online bill shows mine's a Homenet 475 unlimited and I pay 1k plus. Is their a fraud in this? I am at Varkala though.
Old 3rd July 2006, 11:01   #4
BHPian

I am using a Homenet 699 connection. No matter how many bills I pay, each new bill claims that I owe them around 2.5K. This has been gound on for months now, and I have hardly any time or inclination to visit their offices as they demand. Let them come to me.

Also of late, they keep having "server" problems, and the connection is either abyssmally slow or non-existent. And they expect me to pay the full bill even when there are extended outages that are their fault.

Their latest exploit is a new "browser-based login system", which requires the user to "open a browser window, type in any URL, and wait for the login page to come up". Once logged in this way, if you close the window by accident, you are logged out.

Also they are now booting unlimited-time connections (like my H699) for inactivity, which in my opinion, they should not -- Or they should not charge me for the periods when I am booted out, until I login again.

I really think it is time someone hauled them up by their collars and held them to account.

One benefit though is that I get to have some really entertaining converstaions with their support drones, usually at 2 or 3 in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
I am not happy with their connectivity.
Would you be interested in joining action against them as suggested in my first post?

NPP

MistakenGuy, I am also considering shifting to BSNL. I registered online, but have not heard a peep from them since. This was about two weeks ago.

Last edited by pillainp : 3rd July 2006 at 11:08.
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:41   #5

me too facing the same probs.
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:52   #6
BHPian

pillainp, Go to the BSNL office at Pattom LIC building and register there. I don't remember what was actually the procedure cos my brother did most of the stuff and i only went to pay the charges for a n year in advance.

Also let me inform you about one difficulty with BSNL limited offers. As you may know, we don't have data tranfer limits between 2am-8am. But in the accounts page , They add up all the data transfers during all the 24 hours and give the grand total data figures. But they also have a column where the transfer figures between 2-8 is shown as 0. This has transfer data of each login session. So to findout how close you are to the limit you'll have to manually add the data figures . This is very cumbersome atleast for me because by the 15th of each month my total transfers exceed 1 gb (the limit) though when i add all those login figures (Around250-300 of them in 15 days), i would have exhausted only around 400 mb.

BTW if you are interested in the unlimited plan , Then you'll have no worries. Also you get consistent 30-32kbps actual d/l speed.
Go Ahead
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Both Asianet and BSNL are two sides of the same coin as far as reliability is concerned....
We have an ADL connection with static IP at TVM (which is, incidently the first connection offered outside the company - we are subscriber number 8) and we also have a BSNL connection with another static IP- BSNL is marginally better in both uptime and throughput. I have an ADL conection at home (Varkala) which is more or less the same.
And FYI, Tata Indicom is also offering broadband connection (DSL) via a dedicated cable in TVM.
Be aware that if you are having problems with a govt. organization like BSNL, you have to run from pillar-to-post. They will not answer you at 2am.
Also, the 3 companies are using three diffrent technologies, ADL is DOCSIS, BSNL is ADSL and Tata is DSL. Then, for the end-user, this is nothing but academic. Unlike the other technologies, a cable modem has a VERY important role in connectivity.
@pillainp, which ADL modem you use? Try for a Motorola SB5100 or better. I fully agree with your all other complaints.
@JKDas, the plan you are using cannot contain your downloads it seems, upgrade...?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 3rd July 2006 at 18:32.
Old 3rd July 2006, 19:08   #8
BHPian

Never knew about tata Indicom offering broadband. Can you give me the rates????
Old 3rd July 2006, 19:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

@ sandeep, @JKDas, the plan you are using cannot contain your downloads it seems, upgrade...? what do you mean? I have unlimited plan @ 128kbps dwn speed.!

There was some local amp problem which they rectified and today I changed the adaptor as teh old one wnt kaput ( maybe this was faulty before itself).

Airtel too provide broadband at tvm.
Old 3rd July 2006, 19:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy
Never knew about tata Indicom offering broadband. Can you give me the rates????
http://www.tataindicombroadband.in/a...est_cities.htm

These are business plans, select TVM from the drop on right and follow...

Tata started their ops after the aquisition of Dishnet DSL, their connectivity is not available in all areas in the city, and I dont know much about their service, although I know at least one customer of them...
Old 3rd July 2006, 19:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what do you mean? I have unlimited plan @ 128kbps dwn speed.!
"unlimited" what? Time (in hours) or transfer (in GB)..? ..or do you have a plan unlimited on BOTH time and transfer..? like the one they offer for cybercafes?

if (it is time unlimited) no wonder you are getting extra bills

else if(it is transfer unlimited) the plan you are using cannot contain your downloads

else if(it is a plan unlimited) sorry..no comments..ask them to explain the bill

Also note that as per TRAI rules, any plan that is below 512kbps is NOT "broadband internet". A 256 kbps connection is "FAST internet".

Quote:
There was some local amp problem which they rectified and today I changed the adaptor as teh old one wnt kaput ( maybe this was faulty before itself).
Ethernet? You can use the USB port instead - provided you have only one PC and no router is engaged there. USB takes a VERY small CPU overhead only whereas ENET NIC takes zero.

Quote:
Airtel too provide broadband at tvm.
I' ve heard that..got any details?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 3rd July 2006 at 19:43.
Old 3rd July 2006, 20:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

oops..in my prev post read "time limited" INSTEAD of unlimited..so is transfer...
sorry for the confusion ...cut/paste err...
Old 5th July 2006, 11:25   #13
BHPian

My friend has already filed a case agaisnst Asianet for not providing webspace even after taking the whole amount.It has been 6 months since he paid the amount.Lack of service is bad,but this is blatant cheating!!!!
Old 15th August 2006, 23:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

http://www.abeltronica.com/velocimet...=uk&newlang=uk

guys pls try that and post the speed you get. Mines 16kbps download ), supposed to be 128kbps. Gonna meet some asianet guys 2mrw.
Old 16th August 2006, 00:24   #15
BHPian

Quote:
guys pls try that and post the speed you get. Mines 16kbps download ), supposed to be 128kbps. Gonna meet some asianet guys 2mrw.
Your speed is perfectly OK. 128kbps = 16KBPS

Pls note that kbps and KBPS is not the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks