Team-BHP - DIY: Handmade Scale Models, using Thermocol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   DIY: Handmade Scale Models, using Thermocol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/151721-diy-handmade-scale-models-using-thermocol-3.html)

Superb skill you have mate. Is it possible to make a time lapse video of the process?. That would be awesome

Wow. Ecosport looks even more detailed and great craftsmanship. Nice work. Keep the good work going and its good to live your passion.
Cheers

And here comes the much-wanted stage by stage pictures:

Amazing work!
During my childhood I use to 'build' vehicles using playing cards on a toy truck/car/bus chassis :)

How about some 'original' designs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammerHead (Post 3454946)

How about some 'original' designs?

I have my own designs,but they are still on paper. I'm planning to give them a third dimension very soon. :D

super!

What do you use for the colours? You have some serious skill man. Nice workclap:

Fantastic. This hobby can develop to a great business proposition. To make a beginning
you can consider organizing an exhibition at Kochi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by differential (Post 3454961)
super!

What do you use for the colours? You have some serious skill man. Nice workclap:

Actually only the Punto has been colored - using permanent marker. Others have been left as they are.
There exists some risk in coloring. Attaining a good surface finish is quite difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 3455014)
Fantastic. This hobby can develop to a great business proposition. To make a beginning
you can consider organizing an exhibition at Kochi.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I will consider the exhibition once I have a handful of models:)

Recognition always feels good; even more so,when it comes from where it should. :)
Picture posted by Ford Ecosport's global fan page:

After Ecosport, my next target has been fixed.
Project Duster is on and I'm really excited to start working on this one :D

WOW! Awsome Sagz!
I am definitely stealing away that ecosport from you lol: You have a rare skill mate, keep it going. Cant wait to see that duster. I also request you to please make a model of the VW Jetta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarendranath (Post 3462706)
I also request you to please make a model of the VW Jetta.

Thank you:)
I heard a Jetta facelift had landed in India for homologation.I'll certainly consider it once VW rolls out the facelift.
But before that, there is another Volkswagen coming up: The 2011 Passat. I had scaled down the car in 2012; later I tried to do some modifications which ended up in ruins. I'm not giving up(there is a particular interest because we do own a Passat:))- It 'll be revived soon.

Sagar, the Ecosport looks fabulous. However, i still feel you can do better with the alloys. If you can get that part sorted, it would appear OEM.

Project Duster is on and running!! :)
Anyone see a Renault Duster in here? Well,I do!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sagz (Post 3464237)
Project Duster is on and running!! :)
Anyone see a Renault Duster in here? Well,I do!!

@Sagz - Excellent results - Kudos to your effort. Do you have any video of putting this together? I do have a plan to replicate a big box Store (US type Brick & Mortar) this information from would certainly help.

Thanks for your time and keep doing this.

Cya
R