Team-BHP - DIY: Handmade Scale Models, using Thermocol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   DIY: Handmade Scale Models, using Thermocol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/151721-diy-handmade-scale-models-using-thermocol.html)

Just a hobby.The passion for automobiles has been working inside me 24X7, that added with lots of free time resulted in this. a 1:20 scale model of Fiat Linea and Punto Abarth, made out of thermocol and paper,completely hand crafted :)

Wow this is amazing talent you have.

The scale models look superb, kudos :)

Now that's some talent you got there. I can only think of buying a scale model whereas you can just replicate them. But I must say it must take a lot of patience to get it just near-to-perfect.Looking forward towards more posts from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 3448281)
Wow this is amazing talent you have.

The scale models look superb, kudos :)

Thank you for your appreciation:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by richie4u (Post 3448285)
Now that's some talent you got there. I can only think of buying a scale model whereas you can just replicate them. But I must say it must take a lot of patience to get it just near-to-perfect.Looking forward towards more posts from you.

Thank you for your compliment:) you guessed it right.takes a lot of time,no less than a 5-6 days.and of course,patience.

There is more coming up, a ford ecosport.. to be completed within a day or two.

Mod Note : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

For example please type you instead of u

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Wow, that is some hobby!
The scale models look really neat!

Besides being an auto-enthusiast, you also seem to be a Fiat affectionado. Or is it that the Italian beauties were just natural choices for models? :)

You guessed it just right.i do have a particular liking for Fiat. And i know there is an Avventura scale model somewhere in the timeline.Coming right up is a Ford Ecosport though.

Those look amazing! never expected that from the title.

you could take it one step further. you could easily make a latex mould( you just need to buy the latex, no need to mix anything, just keep applying thin layers of it with a brush, it needs about 15 layers though and drying of the previous layer before applying the next).
you could make clear resin copies of these whenever you want!! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee (Post 3448383)
Those look amazing! never expected that from the title.

you could take it one step further. you could easily make a latex mould( you just need to buy the latex, no need to mix anything, just keep applying thin layers of it with a brush, it needs about 15 layers though and drying of the previous layer before applying the next).
you could make clear resin copies of these whenever you want!! clap:

thanks for your suggestion:) i'll certainly try it!

Well, it's not exactly the best looking scale models but the mere fact that you did that from thermocol just blew my mind! Where did you pick up the crafting skill from? You related to any classic carpenter? :D

Nice one Sagz! Great skill you got there. I love the Linea. :thumbs up

Why no rear shots of the Punto? EcoSport would have been very tough indeed. I think I can try a hand on WagonR. :D

Have you tried your hands on clay modeling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus (Post 3448479)
Well, it's not exactly the best looking scale models but the mere fact that you did that from thermocol just blew my mind! Where did you pick up the crafting skill from? You related to any classic carpenter? :D

lol,no my friend:D. all it takes is some real passion for automobiles,and of course,so much of time and patience. it began with some utter failures at the beginning, then some boxy looking cars and finally this.i'm now glad that the idea remained alive inside me through all these years:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3448489)
Nice one Sagz! Great skill you got there. I love the Linea. :thumbs up

Why no rear shots of the Punto? EcoSport would have been very tough indeed. I think I can try a hand on WagonR. :D

Have you tried your hands on clay modeling?

hats off to ecosport's design team.it gave me such a tough time marking up all those details on it.

That! and out of thermocol! Simply phenomenal work Sagz clap:
The attention to detail is brilliant and your craftsmanship amazing! The colors as well are as close to the actual shades on these cars!

Would love to see your future marvels! Keep up the good work :)

Wow Sagz, what an amazing piece of art !! Awesome is the word. I remember my childhood fetish to collect these made-to-scale models of several cars, still have them preserved at home. Just wish I could have one of those out of your creation :-)

Which parts are thermocol and which parts are paper? Am I right in assuming that all the curvy bits are made out of paper? How many hours does it take to prepare a model?

If you can crank out large numbers, see if you can sell it on ebay India/snapdeal etc

That's great skill you have there! If you are looking for feedback, a bit more effort on the drawing part and attention to scale would make it more realistic. Example, the lights on the Linea look a bit out of proportion.

Would love to see more such creations.