Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2006, 09:28   #1
ECM
BHPian

"Jinhe Naaz hai Hind par woh kahan hai"Old famous song fm Gurudatt's film

Yesterday when I was at MASS for regular checkup for my car I saw a truck of RAF(Rapid action force)stopped near MASS followed by a dead Gypsy with 7 Jawans and his commander.Gypsy's alternator was dead due to some prob and rectifier was replaced.There was also some prob is "self/starter" and MASS people asked the commander wether this need to be replaced(rotor assy.) or not.Now here comes the most touching part of the story.
Commander asked very very politely,Sirji what will be the total bill for all this repair as I am allowed to senction Rs.1000 Only from my pocket.
We all were shocked bcoz these jawans are our lifeline and they were from Batalian 10 or 100F range and they have their limitations of spendings.Wiring was also found faulty so mechanic advised them to give some time for repair.None of Jawans took meal(lunch)and I saw them standing straight with flat chest,commander too was standing like a poll,not asked for a chair,when given he smiled but did not took a seat on it,they stood till the repair got done,meanwhile we all went and had our lunch but they were standing till Gypsy repaired fully.
Now my question is,where our MPs and MLAs are given grants to do some fruitful things(what they do we all know) in their "matvistar"/area fm where they are elected.Grant is in crores but our Jawans are not allowed to spend more than 1000 Rs,w.out permission!!!!!!They do selfless duties so we breath freely but they are totally ignored by our govt.though they never compain and keep doing their duties w.out fail with a smiling face.Boss this is not fair.
"Jinhe naaz hai hind par woh kahan hai!"
Old 26th July 2006, 20:43   #2
ECM
BHPian

2nd most touching part...which I though I shall write only when someone reply to this post..
Salary of avg. Jawans is approx.4200...now in this "Mehengai"what he can do for his family?Even a simple clerk in Bank gets more than a soldier standing to protect us on the boarder!!
When commander saw the bill and paid it I saw currency notes of 100,50 and then he hardly managed to complete the figure for the sum of the bill...he took a loan of around 80 Rs. from his own jawans with a promise jald se jald lauta dunga and shall not wait till he gets the amount from office!!
Now about us and our leaders..we only shout and nothing else we do.Many times I wrote that do we go to poll?I have seen white color ppl never use their frenchise,why?Sad thing we are following blindly "west" in most cases,today women go to "Kitty",men exchanges "keys"in the club(applies to hi-fi society only)!!We can do the Dharna for skoda probs but we do nothing for the fate of our soldiers.****.I feel shamed being a citizen of India when I saw this episode and the limit of cash for those who live for us so we don't die!
Sabko sanmati de bhagvan.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

boss this is india and thats how it works,
we are suffering because of all courrpt politician.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:29   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29
boss this is india and thats how it works,
we are suffering because of all courrpt politician.
u missed the CHALTA HAIN ATTITUDE of the public ... lets not always blame the Govt, after all its us who do the voting !!!!

Cheers
Old 27th July 2006, 11:33   #5
BHPian

yes it we are the one who is doing the mistake.. we have the right to choose our leader.. i am not saying select the very best (you wont find) atleast the best of the candidate available.... and more over nobody dare to say them straight that what you are doing is not right..
Old 27th July 2006, 14:03   #6
ECM
BHPian

All can be done if we get a right to do the -ve voting(I miss exact phrase of this term but it is widely used in many countries),here our vote will count as negative vote if I am right.Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 27th July 2006, 14:26   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Recalls.
But it shouldnt be like jumping from the frying pan to the fire.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks