Team-BHP - Need a Vintage Car for Hire...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Need a Vintage Car for Hire... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/15529-need-vintage-car-hire.html)

I couldn't figure out where else to post this, but I need help .

Guys , I will be getting married pretty soon, after a 7 year courtship period , which included not only courting her but mine and her parents as well :) .

Here's the issue ....
I would like to arrive at the wedding venue in a vintage convertible car ( actually, not me , but my fiancee has 'strongly' advised me about this ).

I want to know if there are any car rental companies in an around Delhi -or maybe even anywhere else in India- who do this, or maybe some individual who owns one ... I can approach him for a favour.

If not a convertible , it can also be any other Vintage car like maybe Dodge Kingsway,
Plymouth Savoys ... or the Chevy's etc.

Do help out guys .... it'll, go a long way for me !

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : This topic has been moved to the appropriate section.

We thank you for your thread, and would appreciate you taking the effort to post in the correct section.

And congratulations

maybe arush can modify your current ride into some vintage looking vehicle . . kidding
have never heard of any place that rents out vintage cars in bombay, but then there would surely be people outhere who rent out stylish vintage cars for movies, serials, etc, time you put your movie connectiong to use i'd say.

One thing though, vintage car or your daily driver, you surely are getting married to a perfect match for a tbhpian, congratulations.

manson.

I've seen a Chevy Belair doing wedding duty in Chennai - there're some plymouths too. Shouldnt be hard to get in the south..

Congratulations and hope you get your ride..

do you want to reach your wedding late?????
haven't heard anywhere abt vintage car on rental basis . the owner's themselves take them out once in a blue moon.

hmm...you can get some really shabby looking noisy tractor engined american classics down south on hire....hyderabad still has fleets of chevys...

but im sorry, the best bet you have is to suck up to someone who has a nice car and beg and plead and grovel for you to use their car....its your best shot...or talk to anyone in films...

Thanks for your inputs.. and thanks for the wishes as well.

Ok , so maybe if i take out the Vintage criteria, then is it possible to hire just a 'convertible' ? Any Convertible !
(and , not the San Storm )

In punjab, its popular to get a LIMO for a day. Costs around 15000rs. There are some well maintained Limos available.
So if you cant find a convertible, I suggest you look for punjabis to give you that LIMO :D

dont count on it....refer to my post above! ;-)

perhaps this may be of relevance...

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post266176

Thanks Tsk and Karlos ...
I know about the limo-fashion going on in the Punjabi circuit of Amritsar-Ludhiana-Chandigarh -etc circle but would like to totally dis-associate with it ( No offence here)

I think, the best option now is - (was always actually, if not for my fiancee)- my own Opel Astra Club ....!!

It has a sunroof ... A.K.A, Birbal ki Khichadi type of thing .... :Cheering:

i will be getting married in nov i am looking for vintage car on rent in new delhi any leads??

there is a vintage buick covertible for rent @ asian car rentals ,vasant kunj IIRC.
this info 2 yrs old and i am not sure about rental money.
I found this when i was booking a merc for baraat of my friend in 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambrttacollect (Post 1852067)
i will be getting married in nov i am looking for vintage car on rent in new delhi any leads??

Hi lambrttacollect,

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS !!

I don't know about Delhi but we recently had a TBHP Noida Meet on 3rd of this month at Cafe Style Sec-18, Noida. The owner of that cafe Mr. Chetan has a flair for vintage cars and he himself drives a red beetle. I remember seeing a black vintage car (looked like beetle but not sure) parked at the Cafe with "FOR HIRE" poster on it.

I suggest you call Cafe Style, speak to the manager Mr Sumeet Sethi or owner Mr Chetan and check it out.

PM me if you need the numbers.

My best friend hired a Chevy Bel-Air for his wedding, I can get you the contact details if you want.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm in the same boat..any help with some leads as to where I can find a old vintage (classy) convertible for hire? Or to go all out and get a Rolls convertible?

Thanks!