Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you get get with personal comments on your car? - Answer truly and seriously,
Yes 33 71.74%
No 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2004, 13:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering since most of us love our cars so much,
Do you ever get hurt if you hear someone comment on your car? Or over hear someone? Like once i was with a few people i knew who were fascinatedly checking out my car and i over heard one guy tell the other," what kinda moron wud buy a S class rather then the 7 series "

Felt like hitting his head apart,
but then i let people have their say,
But cudnt deny feeling a little hurt

So go on tell me and remember just two options and who ever goes off topic first lol ur banned from this thread!

Old 30th May 2004, 13:34   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey s350, thats a good topic.
anyone wud get hurt if someone made personal remarks against their cars. Especially those who love their cars and have taken very good care and have brought it with their hard-earned money.

Even I have heard people sayin stuff abt my Qualis. My friends used to say that u shud have gone for a Bolero [then in 2000]. The Qualis [white] looks like an Ambulance. I jus told them that the diff between my Ambuance and the Bolero is the engine and quality. It does hurt when somebody makes bad remarks. But then its best to ignore those remarks.
Old 30th May 2004, 13:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ May 30 2004,12:04)]hey s350, thats a good topic.
anyone wud get hurt if someone made personal remarks against their cars. Especially those who love their cars and have taken very good care and have brought it with their hard-earned money.

Even I have heard people sayin stuff abt my Qualis. My friends used to say that u shud have gone for a Bolero [then in 2000]. The Qualis [white] looks like an Ambulance. I jus told them that the diff between my Ambuance and the Bolero is the engine and quality. It does hurt when somebody makes bad remarks. But then its best to ignore those remarks.
Thanx a million for the compliment on the topic,
And i agree it's best to ignore them,
But i still have a heart that feels bad esp. cause i know most of these people who comment on the S are the ones who haven't even seen the 7 in person nor do they know much about it,

About qualis, I think somewhere in this forum too i said that it's the best option for the simple fact its' made my toyota,
Imagine even a guy who has a GM dealership says qualis is better then then Tavera
What more a compliment does toyota need
Old 30th May 2004, 15:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Definitely! Most of us have thought long and hard before spending our money. Our cars suit our needs and driving conditions and style.
Just imagine, there are two guys. One has an XJ and the other an S Class. Both cars have their pros and cons. The Jag's kinda better to drive, but, the Merc has better space in the rear. The Merc fellow may be someone who likes a car in which he can enjoy rear seat comfort and silence the best, while the Jag owner may be a guy who wants a car which is better handling and more involving to drive. What the hell, the two owners might just want to be associated with their respective brands. Neither can say that the other car is trash. Both men are unique and their cars suit their needs.
To finish on a humorous note, someone looking for a hell of a lot of boot space could do well to buy a Camry over both the S Class or XJ.

Old 30th May 2004, 16:49   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nope. I usually dont care a damn for what a third person thinks. What matters is what I think!

GTO
Old 30th May 2004, 17:08   #6
Team-BHP Support

A lot of times, the comments are a result of two extremes - sour grapes or overt snobbery coupled with a lot of ego insecurity.

If the person says - what kinda moron wud buy a S class rather then the 7 series - I would ignore it

Again if the person says - what kinda moron wud buy a S class rather then the 7 series because , say, the i-drive has bugs or resle value is poor, then he has some fact to the matter
Old 30th May 2004, 17:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ May 30 2004,15:38)]A lot of times, the comments are a result of two extremes - sour grapes or overt snobbery coupled with a lot of ego insecurity.
Hey Ajmat,
you forgot the most common reason IMO - stupidity! ;-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Again if the person says - what kinda moron wud buy a S class rather then the 7 series because , say, the i-drive has bugs or resle value is poor, then he has some fact to the matter
see thats a good example of a stupidity. just kidding.. it appears u have made a typo somewhere there!

Now, to get to the point of the thread.... well as Ad says, every car has exists for a purpose and a price, otherwise it simply wouldnt survive. So IMO there is nothing like a bad car (that does sell well). Id say i am past getting offended by peoples comments on my car...as long as i know a few people like it because most of the time people dont know what they are talking about when it comes to cars and electronics! (as a general rule of thumb!)

cya
R
Old 30th May 2004, 19:06   #8
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Not really get hurt if.. a Merc. owner say something to my WagonR.
The only sore point is when a Santro walla talks some crap. (they normally do I don't know y)... i.e. Comparing the Santro 999cc to the WagonR and saying it is faster. .. LOL .. I have made dead meat out of them on the highway... haha.. 55kbhp (Korean bhp).. Vs 62bhp.
Old 30th May 2004, 19:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

hi s350!
was thinking when u would post this topic!

well i get upset sometimes
similar reasons like v12's "ambulance" vs bolero
or people comparing nhc to ohc, and talking only cons abt it not seeing the pro's

what i get most upset is that people talk without knowledege
like one maruti dealer's sales guys said when asked abt palio .""sir it has polio, so why do u want to buy it"
Old 30th May 2004, 19:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 30 2004,15:19)]Nope. I usually dont care a damn for what a third person thinks. What matters is what I think!

GTO
way to go !dude!
Old 30th May 2004, 19:49   #11
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]like one maruti dealer's sales guys said when asked abt palio .""sir it has polio, so why do u want to buy it"
Eeeks. What a PJ cracked by the Maruti guy.
Old 30th May 2004, 20:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

lol beat that guy and tell him how good a Palio is when it comes to small cars
Driven a 1.6 2 years back i think it is a hot car!!
Esp in red
Old 30th May 2004, 20:38   #13
Senior - BHPian

did that, he just kept quite
actually its was between palio d and zen d, that topic with him
Old 30th May 2004, 20:59   #14
Senior - BHPian

lol thats even funnier
ZEN D is a joke thats funnier then all else!
Old 30th May 2004, 22:37   #15
BHPian

It doesnt hurt me when ppl criticize abt my choice. But what really hurts me is when these sons of motherless goats actually get physical and take out their frustrations on the car. Someone had put a nice leisurely scratch on the bonnet of my new car with a key or something the very first day i took it to work. Such misery shudnt be inflicted even on ur worst enemy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks