Team-BHP - At 15yrs,how can I drive "my" car legally
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   At 15yrs,how can I drive "my" car legally (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/15973-15yrs-how-can-i-drive-my-car-legally.html)

Yo!Help me out here.I llove cars,I love driving but i cant!Now I want to know if there is anyway i can take out the baleno or swift without having that hassle of cops.Can I take the car onto a track?,get a competition licence Please help;i really dont want to wait till im 18.But NO fake licence or forged stuff
Binz
Edit:by "forged stuff",i meant documents.

Dear pls wait till you are 18. Its worth it.
All the best!
az

Move to America. You're allowed to get a driving license at the age of 16 in some states. By the time the paper work is cleared it'll take about a year anyways.

Other option is to bug your folks to buy you a nice gaming system with wheel, peddals, etc. (the works!) - in addition get a big screen tv to compensate for realistic visuals and a nice home theater system to compensate for realistic sound - then you can drive on the track / road every day, anywhere in the world and much better cars than the Baleno / Swift.

sarcasm:mad:
I already have the gaming system.I dont want to start another underage driving debate here...just want valid suggestions.
binz

From what I understand you can drive legally on private roads.
But there is a good chance I might be wrong here.

You can drive on any road that is not open to the general public.

You can drive on track legally, as long as the scrutineers/organisers allow.

Can understand your urge to drive. But unfortunately there is no workaround to legal driving at under age. Anything else will be illegal driving.
if you have any connection to track people, you can take your car to the track.

underaged driving is an offense and u should not do anything illegal either.
better stick to inside roads and drive sensibly with windows rolled up.

Why not develop your skills on Go Karts and other formula cars where teenage drivers compete on track?

Should help you kill time till you turn 18.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Why not develop your skills on Go Karts and other formula cars where teenage drivers compete on track?

Should help you kill time till you turn 18.

Im really tall and hence not really aint into go-karts and other track cars.

PM karthik247 :D, he should be able to help

I understand your feeling but please wait till you are at legal age.
On a private road, you can try.
Lower the age, there is more tendency towards driving fast!
As one grows older, he learns to appreciate torque rather than power & speed :D

YOu can legally drive on any closed circuit and private road. You can also go circuit racing at 15. So while you need to wait till you are 18 years to drive on public roads, right now, you can race in circuit events at Coimbatore and Chennai.

Another option to let some of your pent up frustration out is go-karting. Get out there and practice.

Whatever you do, please stay off public roads though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak
if ur tht desperate take ur car out at night. however in case of an accident youll get screwed big time

Night driving is that much more tricky; wouldn't recommend it for inexperienced drivers. At least initially, he is better off driving during day-time on empty (I mean REALLY empty) roads for limited periods of time and always with an experienced driver present in the car.

Seriously man, I know how you feel, all of us were 15 before we turned 18. But for everyone's sake, including your own and your family, stay off public roads.