Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2006, 14:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP AXE effect

TBHPians,
I dont know how the mods are going to treat this post, it is perhaps violating some priniciples of TBHP. What I want to tell here is about ANOTHER forum and another group.

Let me invite the attention of TBHP on the developements in TIUG - the Tata Indica User's Group, a mailing list in Yahoo. As far as what I learnt (I am a member):

TIUG was up and running for the last 6 years.
A substantial infobase is in place, as a result.
Last month, a new website (indicausers.com) suddenly appeared.It was apparently launched by a member of TIUG.
Now the website is allegedly trying rope in the entire infobase of TIUG, as "TIUG is hosted on free space".

TIUG now looks like Lebanon, very volatile - resignations, forced-resignations, whatever...
And both parties draw inspiration from TEAM-BHP! Here's a sample of today's posts (this is from the founder of website):
"It is probably the sadest moement I have faced on the net in last
couple of years....I am getting targeted again and again for hijacking and stealing content!....I saw team-BHP and other dedicated car forum sites around the world grow, I thought we should have something like this for our TIUG group. why not we too come out of yahoo and have something neat and tidy."

and a counterpoint:
"I think Achin dropped his "bombshell" just to convey his sadness at the inability of the TIUG, particularly its more active/senior members, to counter what is so obviously an attempt at hijacking the group...This is, of course, not a new phenomenon where groups are concerned- even Rudra Sen of team-BHP refers to a similar attempt there to wean away members in his anniversary message."

Guys, shall we call this "TBHP AXE effect"..a phenomenon where other e-communities start scuttle their platforms by trying to emulate TBHP?"

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th August 2006 at 14:49.
Old 16th August 2006, 15:49   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

well to put it up simply...all I'm gonna tell you is that theres enough of people on board here to stop stuff like this from happening...and we as a community have way more resources to avoid stuff from falling apart than other e-communities..dont worry we'll be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks