Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 01:38   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Noticed a small matter here. Your picture of the jeep is with a number plate that I couldn't read, but the one on the website in the OP has masked the number plate. As far as I understand it is your own pic and your own Jeep. Please get the right number plate.

Dear amolpol, not sure if you noticed my post. For closure I would really like an explanation about the number plate. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra publishes my image on Thar website without permission. EDIT: Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
In fact I think once posted on a forum the image belongs as much to the forum as to the original photographer.
No it doesn't work that way.
If you notice all images uploaded to TBHP has a watermark that reads
"hosted on TBHP, copyright respective owners"

Even though the above watermark has been in place from a few years that wasn't the case when I joined. I am sure there was a similar issue at TBHP which led to the watermark.
Old 13th April 2015, 16:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
Dear amolpol, not sure if you noticed my post. For closure I would really like an explanation about the number plate. Thanks in anticipation.
Sorry about missing a response to your question. The original number plate was masked with my logo when i had posted the picture online. That was subsequently masked again to make it look empty.

The original number plate cannot seen in any of the pictures. Hope this clarifies.
Old 13th April 2015, 17:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Issue resolved: Mahindra owns up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I do not know why it is being said in the headline that the matter has been resolved. Does the OP think it has been resolved? I am not too sure after reading the posts.
Yes he does:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Mods, can you edit the title to say "now resolved" or something similar.

Thank you for all those who supported the issue and no hard feelings to those who thought this was over-rated.

Justice is served!

Thanks - Amol
I think it's fair that M&M have to pay you to use the pic- paltry as the amount is, at least it will serve to remind them that they can't just lift somebody's original creative material and use it for a commercial purpose without due credit, permission and compensation!
Old 14th April 2015, 12:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Issue resolved: Mahindra owns up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think it's fair that M&M have to pay you to use the pic- paltry as the amount is, at least it will serve to remind them that they can't just lift somebody's original creative material and use it for a commercial purpose without due credit, permission and compensation!
It would be easier if the companies, while signing the contract with the ad agencies, put in a clause about usage of only original content or with proper permission - that way the companies are in the clear, and the ad agencies will also be more careful in picking the right images/content

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks