Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 15:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Robert De Niro to play Enzo Ferrari in a movie

Movies honouring the automotive greats always come with the burden of expectations. Apart from the story itself, directors need to be very careful with whom they cast. After witnessing the life and times of Niki Lauda and James Hunt in Rush, it looks like octane addicts can now look forward to a biopic on Enzo Ferrari. As per a recent report, the man portraying the legend in the movie is none other than Robert De Niro.

The story comes in after a report was published by an Italian newspaper. De Niro, of Italian origin himself, was quoted saying it was “an honour to tell the life of an extraordinary man who revolutionised the world of motor sport”. The 71 year old actor added that the movie would enter production soon and that the project is his number one priority.

Some rumours also say that Clint Eastwood could be a director for the movie. The movie is expected to follow the life of Enzo Ferrari from the mid 1940’s when Ferrari was being formed, to his death in 1988.

Source: BBC

Robert De Niro to play Enzo Ferrari in a movie-enzo1.jpg

Robert De Niro to play Enzo Ferrari in a movie-deniro.jpg
Old 14th April 2015, 15:53   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Robert De Niro to play Enzo Ferrari in a movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
the man portraying the legend in the movie is none other than Robert De Niro.
I can't think of anyone else who's more suited to the role. Am sure his half-Italian background will bring acceptability among the passionate tifosi .

For those who can't wait, here's a good (but slow) movie on Enzo Ferrari.

Old 16th April 2015, 09:07   #3
BHPian

A Clint Eastwood directed movie with Robert De Niro as Enzo Ferrari is a movie/automobile buff's delight. Clint Eastwood is a formidable director and I have enjoyed all his latest directorial ventures. Waiting for the movie to finish and release.
Old 16th April 2015, 09:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow.
No better team work here.Two of the living legends(who also happen to be my all time favourites) unite to create a delight.
+1 to GTO for his observation that no other person could play Enzo better than the legendary Robert De Niro.

Waiting for this treat to unfold in the screens.
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:09   #5

Man how awesome this 71 year old is! I would watch it first day first show. I just hope that it really completes shooting and post production on schedule. They are targeting for a late 2016 release.

Most Viewed