Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-101.html)

The other day I found Yat Ming models being sold at Amazon.com at almost the same price as a Maisto and then I visited their website - the build quality and detailing looks excellent, however only someone who has owned one can give the real picture. How good is it when compared to Autoart. The other two brands that drew my attention was Highway-61 and Motomax - well we still have to wait for these to come in India I suppose.

Blackadder - There is a modelart store opening in Delhi (I had a telephonic talk with Mr. Avinash Agarwal of Creative Education - Bangalore and he was pretty delighted with this new one at Delhi), perhaps the store is opening this week.

Sometimes I feel we should have something like a Die-cast Fair where all the international brands can come atleast once with their delicious stuffs.

Blackadder - There is a modelart store opening in Delhi (I had a telephonic talk with Mr. Avinash Agarwal of Creative Education - Bangalore and he was pretty delighted with this new one at Delhi), perhaps the store is opening this week.

Hey can you please tell me the exact location of the modelart store which is opening in Delhi...Aahh,so finally Delhi will also have a good diecast store

lucky guys...i just sent a mail to the modelart guys asking them when their store was reopening in mumbai....lets see what they send bak

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecastfreak (Post 638786)
The other day I found Yat Ming models being sold at Amazon.com at almost the same price as a Maisto and then I visited their website - the build quality and detailing looks excellent, however only someone who has owned one can give the real picture. How good is it when compared to Autoart. The other two brands that drew my attention was Highway-61 and Motomax - well we still have to wait for these to come in India I suppose.

Sometimes I feel we should have something like a Die-cast Fair where all the international brands can come atleast once with their delicious stuffs.

Prices here and abroad vary largely because of customs and local taxes. None of the sellers here can match the prices you see online basically of the costs involved.

The build quality of Yatming is indeed very good. I would place them between Maisto and Autoart. Even though I own some older Yatmings, I see a vast improvement in the few models I saw. So you wouldnt go wrong in picking some of the Yatmings you like.

I really dont think large scale importers of diecast will be looking towards higher end model makers like Highway 61, CMC or Exoto. Some companies want an entire container of diecast to be booked if you ever want to get their attention. These will consist of 100s of diecast and not every one will be a winner. The importer will be stuck with a huge backlog of unsold models. Got to remember that some of the models would incur damage while shipping too. So unless there is a guaranteed sale of each and every diecast, I doubt any importer, however big he is, will ever put his money on such high end and expensive models.

Nikhil of Gift Centre has some terrific CMCs, Tamiya and Minichamps but they have already been spoken for. Maybe you could contact him for some specific high end models you would like and I am sure he could help you.

Modelart opening at Delhi is really good news. Now we can have more people to pressure the Modelart guys to import stuff like Kyosho and Minichamps. I am really sick of looking at the same Maistos everywhere I go. Not that they are bad, but as far as my collection goes, I have reached a dead end with Maisto with nothing new or exciting coming out. Hey, where are all those new MotoGP bikes they have on their website. Modelart has not yet imported them here.:Frustrati

I dont know about diecast fairs, but some of us collectors could gather some place and share our collections over some cheers: maybe.

Speedfreak01 you can contact Creative Education, Bangalore regarding the location of the store in Delhi. I am planning to visit it too.

Blackadder I managed to get a Kyosho today (my luck). Its a BMW 745i. The finish and the detail is jaw-dropping. I plan to post the pictures of my collection soon. Where did you find Yat Ming?

BTW do you guys build up on any theme - I am still trying to categorize like
Vintage - American Muscle Cars (my favourite) - Modern Sedans - Pure Racing Cars - Need suggestions from the experienced ones out here for categorizing the collection.

we have a thing in common then..i too love muscle cars..i already got 3 mustangs and one charger

Quote:

I managed to get a Kyosho today (my luck). Its a BMW 745i. The finish and the detail is jaw-dropping.
hey where did u find that(kyosho), kolkata?

Diecastfreak, I found the Yatmings at Gift Centre in Bombay. Did you get the face lifted 745i or the previous one. Either ways, they are great ones. Do you have a dedicated diecast store in Calcutta or atleast one where the owner is knowledgeable about the diecasts he is selling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 639732)
hey where did u find that(kyosho), kolkata?

With the main supplier of Maistos ... they come very very rarely. It was just a luck by chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 639737)
Diecastfreak, I found the Yatmings at Gift Centre in Bombay. Did you get the face lifted 745i or the previous one. Either ways, they are great ones. Do you have a dedicated diecast store in Calcutta or atleast one where the owner is knowledgeable about the diecasts he is selling?

I think its the previous one. #08571BK. There are no dedicated die-cast store in Kolkata to my knowledge. I was quite frustrated with shops like Shoppers Stop or other good toy stores. Do not blame them either. They put up whatever they get. Then the problem is some kids just rough handle the package and keep it back on the shelves. So I hunted down the main dealer in Kolkata who is the actual stockist of Maisto, Autoart (rare), Kyosho (very rare) and Signature. I visit him and buy from him. Ofcourse all models are not there but its a good stock. If it was a dedicated diecast store I would have expected the owner to be knowledgeable but this is a stockist of Teddy-Bears also :)

I would consider myself very lucky to find some nice Kyosho's here. Modelart had ordered some on a trial basis and somewhere the deal between them and Kyosho soured and we never got to see Kyosho's again. If things had gone right the first time around, we would have seen some fabulous Kyosho models like Audis, BMWs and some Ferraris on our store shelves.

Here's my small collection of models most of 'em collected back around 2001-02.still tryin to get new models but most of 'em difficult to find except maisto.....

More to come.....

Here are the remaining...

These are latest ones havent opened them yet...

Apart from these there a few more but not in good condition..
and yes collection of indian tractors i posted some time back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 640054)

I have the same Toyota which you have there, the MR2, if my memory is correct.

Quote:

Thats a RAV4. Where did u source that one from, and how much?

Quote:

Thats a Vitara right?

Quote:

I have the same Toyota which you have there, the MR2, if my memory is correct.
Its a celica
Quote:

yeah Thats a RAV4. Where did u source that one from, and how much?
Yeah i got from a toyshop in bhopal back in 2001 was for 100-150 bucks(appx) then..
Quote:

Thats a Vitara right?
No Its a Pajero 3 door open top.. got it from same shop in bhopal for 175 bucks with the RAV4 ...