Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2006, 04:19   #1
BHPian

Parking Nightmares

Yesterday night around 10 o’clock I was at the back side of the New Friends Colony Market when I heard a loud burst when I ran to see I saw that a brand new WagonR crashed into a covered Three-Wheeler The front of the WagonR was a total loss. I could hear AC Gas leaking and the coolant coming out. The bonnet was crushed and squeezed to what maximum it could and the windshield was broken too. I was shocked because that was a small parking lot of the market and how come the damage was upto that extent. The parking space of the market is hardly 70 mtrs long. And that too why will be some one in such a hurry in a parking area! As soon as I reached near the driver side a boy aged 10-12 wearing skimpy cloths came out of the WagonR. My emotions were mixed I was angry because of the underage driver but was equally sympathetic because the car was brand new. Soon the emotions took a U turn when I saw the guy behaving Not a big deal!!! Chill!! Oh My God…The Guy Was the Parking Guy!!! My hands could not stop and I took a good class of him. There after the guy ran away from the scene and didn’t come back. …After few minutes the owner of the WagonR came and was shocked. We tried to trace the contractor who had the contract for that parking area and came to know that THERE IS NO CONTRACT FOR THAT PARKING LOT. The contractor was fake and they used to charge parking fee illegally so could not trace the person. I was not in a mood to search further and came back home.

My Question:-
Are there any rules governing the parking areas?
What precautions should we take while parking in such parking areas?
How do we know if it’s a fake receipt and actually the parking is free in that area? In the above case looked like the shopkeepers were well aware of the fact but still never complained authorities.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:02   #2
BHPian

this is a very serious and practical problem for delhi-ites.
since the parking mafia is becoming a pain everywhere, nothing much can be done, seriously.

at best the owners can spend some extra 5-10 minutes to locate a good parking spot where they have not to leave the keys with these attendants.
ask them for such a place, if they helps you in that regrad, good, else show them some money (not much, but just same as actual parking fee!) and you will get a better spot!

this way your car will be atleast a bit more safe than the one with keys handed over to attendants.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:22   #3
BHPian

This parking thing is really become a menace day by day.... I have seen NO PARKING signs being converted to PARKING by scratching out the NO (SN mkt)... Irony is that a PCR is almost always parked near that.... This mafia is now so strong that they are converting free parking lots to paid ones (i dunno whether legally or not)... An example is of Yusuf Sarai mkt... A couple of months back, the parking there was free... there were parking attendants but they were paid by the shopkeepers themselves (I think its a, rather was a, good practice)... But now these same parking attendants are seen with the parking slips in their hands...
Parking is now a big profit making business for local goons and thugs who often are seen exchanging blows with their rival parking spot owner... We as normal citizens have no where to go...
Old 30th August 2006, 10:39   #4
BANNED

Hey, This is a real pity ... but yes Delhi has this huge parking lot mafia and there ain't much we can do about it !! Also there is no use getting too cocky with these uncouth people , when you reach back to ur car u cud have a huge scratch running down the side ...

The only thing is to try and find a spot somewhere urself .. or if you know that the market you headed to is gonna be super crowded , avoid going there or go at a time when you kow you will find parking and not have to leave the keys behind . --- I NEVER EVER LEAVE MY KEYS !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks