Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2015, 14:04   #1
BHPian

DriversKart.com - Drivers on call

Happened to come across this portal http://www.driverskart.com/ where in you get access
to a driver , by the same way, you book a call taxi (like Ola,Uber)

It works pretty much the same way you book a call taxi but then the difference being, here, you book a driver and the app tries and
looks for a driver who is closest to your location and assigns him to you.

Looks like a good option for anyone who is looking for a driver

I had a talk with the person who is heading this venture and
as per him, they also encourage amateur drivers who, are not
drivers by profession, but then who love driving for the sheer pleasure of driving.

But then everyone needs to undergo the routine verification/registration, post which you will be a driver on the platform and then can decide when you want to drive.

PS: I am in no way related to this portal but then sharing this information for the benefit of the community.
joecherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 15:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: DriversKart.com - Drivers on call

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I had a talk with the person who is heading this venture and
as per him, they also encourage amateur drivers who, are not
drivers by profession, but then who love driving for the sheer pleasure of driving.
Encouraging amateurs Are they out of their minds? Now not only unprofessional drivers, but any tom dick and harry with a DL (which he got by paying money) will come to your car and drive away to glory. In case of an accident the owner of the car would be held responsible, not the service provider.

IMO, if at all such a service needs to be successful, they need to provide professionally trained drivers who are full time employees of the company so that there is some sort of legal cover in case of mis-behavior, accident etc.

I personally would never hand over my car to any unknown driver. With the likes of Uber and Ola, I prefer taking a cab over a part time driver.
Old 2nd October 2015, 13:14   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: DriversKart.com - Drivers on call

Nice, but a couple of years too late. PartyHardDrivers runs a similar service where they send drivers to get you home after a night of clubbing. I believe their business has seriously dwindled with the arrival of Uber & Ola. Me too - I'd prefer to simply call for an Uber car and ride in an Innova, than have an unknown driver behind the wheels of my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks