Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2006, 10:56   #16
Team-BHP Support

There was some sort of special shopping mall bus system coming up
Old 20th September 2006, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Forget about shopping.Parking is becoming a very serious social problem.The other day I had an official engagement in regional provident fund office at, Hyderabad the parking area of which was full.So, I had to park my car on the road only.I informed the guard standing on the gate accordingly and went to attend the meeting.After coming back I saw a ticket attached to my car.On return I had to pay the fine at police control room after spending one more hour.On hearing my story the police officer said to lodge a complaint to PF office !This is ridiculous.
Old 20th September 2006, 11:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bcoz of Parking woes at M G Road and Commercial Street, nowadays I shop at one of the Malls, but at peak times even Mall is overcrowded, so just ensure you reach the Mall before 6 PM on weekends or Holidays.
And if you need to shop at MG Road / Comm St, reach early and you can find some parking on the Kamaraj Road (between Comm St and M G Road), on the left side after the Intermediate signal if u are coming from M G Road side. Good luck!
Old 20th September 2006, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Have you guys ever heard of a underground parking lot in MG road??? Its pretty close to b'lore central, brigade road. I park here, and almost
Are you talking about the one under Symphony ?
Old 20th September 2006, 12:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
Are you talking about the one under Symphony ?
Yes... they used to have a single entry/exit point. Now that has been sorted out. Also finding parking space there has been 100% sure thing. Guess that place has not caught up with the general public... hope it remains that way.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Most of the time to go to MG road, we dont take the car now....we prefer to take the Vovlo bus. Get it from right in front of my house in brookefields and drops me right in front of Central!! who needs a car!
Old 20th September 2006, 12:42   #22
BHPian

The govt. should ban any vehicle entry into these places (MG road, Brigade Road, comm street etc) or charge a heavy toll. They should contruct something like a 5000 car parking complex somewhere near Kanteerava stadium and another one near Ulsoor lake and have frequent Volvo bus service to these shopping places. It will work very well for a city like Bangalore.
Old 20th September 2006, 12:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad is no different. It shows there is definitely no sync between town planning department, traffic police and MCH (which gives permissions for constructing buildings). It is only fire department that sometimes objects in giving permissions to these huge structures.

Can you expect a shopping mall in the heart of the city with five levels of parking and another level of multiplex theaters (4 theaters in total) not having parking space to fit more than 200 - 250 cars. I prefer to take rick to go to these places. These days places like Abids (equivalent to Bangalore's commercial street) are becoming much easier to park the car.
Old 20th September 2006, 19:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA
For Jaynagar 4th block, I park my car inside some sidelanes, in front of somebodies house (no other choice) and walk to the shopping center...
Tried doing this in one of the popular market areas near Basham Circle. The house owner had installed two large stones 3 feet into the road (like a mile marker, but not as wide) to make sure that nobody parks in front of his house. U guys seen that anywhere else?

I guess parking rates are to be paid on hourly basis to prevent office goers from parking the car and taking off. Bangalore is becoming like Manhattan. No parking spots for love or money.
Old 20th September 2006, 20:09   #25
BHPian

It is really bad to hear that u cudnt get parkin in Com Street....u cud hav tried near the Army School,Safina Plaza i'm sure u cud hav found a slot to park.For the past 3/4 yrs not even a single day i've found any prob in parking (xcept Brigade Road )
May b my LUCK
Old 21st September 2006, 00:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

sad to see car lovers being forced to use ricks to work and shopping.
Old 21st September 2006, 01:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

The point where Palace road dead ends (not Cubbon Park but the other ide), there is a huge office building. (Whats the name...Barton Center ??)

I recall seeing a parking structure which lifts up a car like a service station hoist and you can park a car under it. I caught a breif glance at it as I drove by.
Am I smoking crack or has anybody else seen that?
Old 21st September 2006, 01:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

That's Cubbon Rd, not Palace Rd, and that's Manipal Centre, and yes, it does exist. Also exists in a few other places. Novelty, really.
Old 21st September 2006, 03:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Yes..thanks. Been out for so long...cant seem to remember any street names anymore.

Interesting contraption. Have seen very few even in downtown New York. Heard its popular in Tokyo.
Old 21st September 2006, 06:41   #30
BHPian

Is Parking facility an infrastructure development activity?

Chennai's T.Nagar is no different than what is described here. A multi storeyed parking complex is being planned by the corporation authorities.
While great amount of importance is being given to infrastructure development, I wonder why authorities are not ginving importance for parking facilities

Parcking facility and free flowing traffic should also be an infrastructure reauirement of any city and of course country. Authorities should encourage private parking facilities on BOT (Build Operate and Transfer) route

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks